Helpful Tip for Finding Part Numbers

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mmuehlendorf

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I just found a neat trick. Go to the Traxxas T-Maxx Website and click on the "Parts List" link. Click on T-Maxx 2.5 Parts List and then on the "disk" in the mid-upper left corner. This will save a copy to your hard drive. Then hit "Back" and click on "Exploded View" and click on each of the "Assembly" links and save a copy of those to your computer. When you open one of the files, you can press "Control+F" and it brings up a "Find menu".

As an example, I looked at the Front Assembly view and found what part I was looking for. Then I opened the Parts List, hit "Control+F" and entered the part number. It found the part for me, and I knew the name. This to me is easier than searching all the parts lists for one number. Also, it works on the exploded views. If you have the part number and need to see where it goes, just open an exploded view, hit "Control+F" and enter the part number. It will highlight it for you. On the exploded views, I recommend the 200% magnification.

Hope this helps someone. It sure helped me.

I printed off all of the exploded views for the tmaxx and had them laminated at the copy center.. I keep them in my tool box for my Maxx.

or you could use the book it came with that has diagrams with parts names and numbers

Laminating the diagrams is nice to have at the track. the paper wont get riped an when you are woking on your truck you wont peminitly gunk the diagram up.