Help!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

r/c Kid

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
breaking in my car dies right after i remove my glowplug ignitor any ideas?
plus lotta liquid or gas coming out my exhaust pipe just like spittin out stuff.

Last edited:
Turn your high speed needle to the right just barely like 1/8 or 1/16 of a turn. And your idle is probable a little low. On your receiver adjust your trim a little.

!

what do i do with my lowspeed i set that low too, i set the high and the low down... to where it barely runns saves gas but heats up quick right? plus now it cuts off on high revs. needa turn them back up huh?

Put the HSN back to factory. Put the LSN back to factory settings as well. Go get a hair dryer and hold it to the engine block for 4 -5 minutes, keep it away from the carb. Put the car on a block or a stand.
Then start it. This will make it start easier and make a constant idle easier to set. Adjust the the LSN until the car idles for 4-5 seconds on its own, then gently ease the throttle up to 1/4 for a few seconds until it clears out, then let it idle some until it sounds like it is trying to die again, repeat.... Idle one tank of fuel with the LSN set properly.
Ideally you need to set the LSN and idle adjustment so the engine idles around 180-220F during breakin, without it constantly wanting to die.
I NEVER lean a HSN on a new engine until I start to drive it getting past 1/4 throttle.
Idle speed to 1/4 throttle is all controlled by the LSN. Let the engine cool completely for 20 minutes. Preheat it again and start it up and drive the car easy tuning the HSN to the point the car moves easily with no rich bogging. Repeat the driving process 4-5 times with the preheating and cooling periods between tanks.
1/4 throttle and up is all HSN. Adjust the needles for the throttle range you are in.
I break and tune all my engines in this way, I have never killed an engine or wore one out prematurely with this tuning method. My engines last longer and perform better this way. After about 6 tanks, install a new glow plug, the break in plug is weakened by the breakin process and could potentially fall apart inside the engine. 6 dollar glow plug sounds better to me than new engine destroyed from a broken gp.