Help with Standard Hyper7

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lightning1

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hi everyone..I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice on my hyper7 its all standard at the moment But its getting a 2speed and i have a Ofna 21 8 port boost engine o go in it...But I'm a bit concerned about my Diffs I'm thinking thier going to get ripped apart, Can anyone give me some advice on what a good diff mod to do to them would be..?
CHeers Andy

If you were running something with alot of low end grunt I would be worried, but with the 8 Port I wouldn't be worried.

use ofna diff locking fluids instead of factory applied grease....for a basic race setup i would go with this

3k in front diff
5k in center diff
1k in rear diff...

keep the diff oils changed after about every gallon or so and you should be fine....the diffs should be all metal gear....they will hold up fine with the 8 port....
i ran the 3,5,1 setup in my PCR for a whole season with a 3+ modified novarossi rex p5 engine....and they still looked good....maintenance is the key to long diff life...

and just in case your new...the "k" stands for thousand....3k=3000 weight....your local hobby shop will know what you're looking for....

Back