Help with charger?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Absolutely will work.

A charger that can do 1-6s lipo is all that matters. Where the battery is used is of no concern.

Yes, but for e.g. a 5000mAh 6s lipo you need 6*4.2*5 = 126W to charge at a reasonable speed (1C). You can of course charge at a lower current but it'll take longer.

I had that 80W accucell, a good charger.

Yes, but for e.g. a 5000mAh 6s lipo you need 6*4.2*5 = 126W to charge at a reasonable speed (1C). You can of course charge at a lower current but it'll take longer.

I had that 80W accucell, a good charger.
Rather look at the charging current than working out watts required.

Charging a 5000mah battery at 1C, it charges at 5 amps which both these chargers will do just fine.

The Imax B6 peak current is 6amps. Good enough for charging a 5000mah at 1C.
The Turnigy is rated at 10amps, even better.

I have a EV Peak C3. 50W but it can charge up to 6amps and I charge up a 6800mah battery just fine at the max 6amps.

Rather look at the charging current than working out watts required.

Charging a 5000mah battery at 1C, it charges at 5 amps which both these chargers will do just fine.
That is wrong. Power is a limiting factor. It will charge a 3s or 4s 5Ah at 1C, but not a 6s.

@emry7368 that's a good pack. I've been using 4000s of the series in my 6s Arrma for a while. Still balance out nicely. I did replace the balance plugs after 50+ runs, though.

Nino is correct. I would never try to charge a 6s with one of those chargers. Will it charge it? Yeah, maybe by sometime next week.

If you want a decent charger for 6s, you're going to need to shell out a little more money. The Hota D6 Pro is $118 on racedayquads.com. that is the charger I recommend. It is one of the fastest chargers you can get in that price range because of this one feature, that outshines other chargers.
20220808_112511.jpg

as long as you provide a 12v + dc source those will work in uk..but would not buy those chargers they just dont have the watts to charge a 6 cell battery near whats recomended 1c..better do some research as in ohms law and what 1c is and watts of chargers

Nino is correct. I would never try to charge a 6s with one of those chargers. Will it charge it? Yeah, maybe by sometime next week.

If you want a decent charger for 6s, you're going to need to shell out a little more money. The Hota D6 Pro is $118 on racedayquads.com. that is the charger I recommend. It is one of the fastest chargers you can get in that price range because of this one feature, that outshines other chargers.
View attachment 150303
How long realistically would it take to charge with the others

How long realistically would it take to charge with the others
When one cell gets topped off, the charger goes into balance mode. The balance circuit on most chargers is around 1A or less, which slows things waaay down. On a 6 cell pack, it would take a very long time as it balances 6 different cells in balance mide, and that is if the charger doesn't hit a failsafe and shut off after so long. I have had similar chargers to those back in the day, and they sucked even on big 2S packs. Hours spent charging a single battery. Don't waste your money on a cheap charger. This same exact thing has been discussed here a number of times, and I remember one guy that said F it and bought the cheap charger anyway. Then shortly after that he went back and bought a better one. Don't do it. Save up and buy a good charger. You have had very experienced guys in this thread tell ya not to buy those. So you've been warned.

Back