Help with Car for 7 Year Old

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here’s a vid of it

Good morning md6 I hope you're warmer than I am. I've been real happy with my WL toys they are pro entry level at toy prices. All the 12th scale cars that I have, buggies and truggies that is go at least 50 km an hour which equates to about 31 point something miles per hour. Plenty fast. They have a tendency to tump over and roll so I've been putting hub extenders and wider tires on them. I'm waiting on the WL toys 124018 it does 60 km out of the box and right now comes with a free extra lipo I picked it up for $111 and then they gave me a $10 discount. Super super deal give him a try I think you'll fall in love the price is certainly right!!!
It's cold where I am, but the sun is out and that makes a difference. Everything I have seen on Youtube about WL Toys has been very good to great. Traxxas has raised the price of the Bandit, I am sure why, They have become more in demand because of drag racing. For me personally If I break something I can go to my local hobby shop the same day a pick up the parts I need. I would love to see WL Toys work through hobby shops.

Here’s a vid of it
Well I got everything but a submarine and a helicopter looks like I'm going to have to add a tank to the list. Lol That is really cool.
It's cold where I am, but the sun is out and that makes a difference. Everything I have seen on Youtube about WL Toys has been very good to great. Traxxas has raised the price of the Bandit, I am sure why, They have become more in demand because of drag racing. For me personally If I break something I can go to my local hobby shop the same day a pick up the parts I need. I would love to see WL Toys work through hobby shops.
You and me both brother! Fortunately I can buy any and every part for my cars unfortunately I got to wait on them slow boats from China. Sometimes I get lucky with American dealers but they have a tendency to put the middleman price on them. I just grab another car while I'm waiting 3 weeks for parts and save considerable amount of money. I noticed that Christmas cars that normally go for 75 bucks went up to around 110 and up hopefully they're all going to come back down.

Last edited:
Sounds right up my alley I love crawling on rocks and obstacles that sounds like that would be the ticket. I like to put an fpv camera on them and get the feel of looking out the windshield. Tons of fun. Thanks for the lead I'll certainly check into it. Knowing me, it'll be sitting on my shelf in a month or two
If you want a great little crawler, join the SCX24 club. I recommend the Deadbolt 😉, but any of the SCX24's are just awesome little crawlers for less than $140.

If you want a great little crawler, join the SCX24 club. I recommend the Deadbolt 😉, but any of the SCX24's are just awesome little crawlers for less than $140.
Thanks for the information brother I'll definitely check into that I had never even heard of them and that's definitely in my price range

Thanks for the information brother I'll definitely check into that I had never even heard of them and that's definitely in my price range
Oh, just do a search here on the forum. They have become quite popular here in the past few months. In fact, have you entered the giveaway here? Woodie is giving away your choice of one with a stand I 3d printed for it.

Oh, just do a search here on the forum. They have become quite popular here in the past few months. In fact, have you entered the giveaway here? Woodie is giving away your choice of one with a stand I 3d printed for it.
Wow that's cool to know I'll just have to figure out how to do that. Appreciate that info

Back