help with busted clutch and binding gears

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dreaux

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I have a mbx6 and os vspec. My car was running hard so i broke her down and the drivetrain was binding. found out i shimmed my diff on the wrong side. Fixed it. GO to look at the clutch, took it off and the clutch bearings were completly destroyed. My engine was also running hot the other day (about 260) and thought it was just lean. Well turns out i was putting alot of extra drag on the engine. The engine is new about a month old has about one and a half gallons in it. MY question is, how bad did i hurt my engine??? it still has compression (wont pass the 6 second flop test though) and it was running great even with all that.

Did i screw up my motor???

Please help.

um not to take your post but whats the flop test I'm kinda new to the nitro so sorry

hold the engine by the shaft. if it flops over in under 6 seconds your compression is going or gone. But that does not mean your compression is still bad. Some engines work thier best at this point. It's just a barrometer i guess. any body have any feedback about my clutch and engine?

Back