Help! With 60” span dhc2 beaver 1950s plan advice!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ArchiePaul

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Flying
NEED PROS HELP
Hi I have a plan for a 1950s dhc2 beaver 60” span and need advice.

1. My father and I can’t decide weather to cover with tissue or plastic heat shrink. My father says that using tissue would make the kit more original as it would have been like that when it was made. I think plastic because it will be more durable and look better.

2. Need help on electric. I’m new to the world of plane electrics but got plenty of experience with rc car electrics. The model has a 60” span and weighs just over 1kg without covering, servos ect. The recommended engine size is 1.5-2cc but I want electric because can’t be bothered with the hassle. Dont want anything to fast as it’s a training aircraft. Also any advice on ecs?

Any advice much appreciate!

id use Monokoat. and not tissue paper then the coating. Id think a rc plane this size you would want the least weight as possible...Id like to recommend a brushless motor with a esc but Ill pass on this...a 4 cell lipo should give you enough power to get this bird off the ground... just my 1cent impute a 60" plane to start is a Giant step up from what I learned to fly with back in 1978

id use Monokoat. and not tissue paper then the coating. Id think a rc plane this size you would want the least weight as possible...Id like to recommend a brushless motor with a esc but Ill pass on this...a 4 cell lipo should give you enough power to get this bird off the ground... just my 1cent impute a 60" plane to start is a Giant step up from what I learned to fly with back in 1978
Thanks for the help. Wondering what sort of size, amp ect the motor should be. Done lots of flying just more pre-made/ glider style stuff!

id go with a 100 amp esc and a 1250kv out runner .. b4 installing the motor Id add 2 pieces of mdf Fiberboard to nose inside and behind were motor mounts

id go with a 100 amp esc and a 1250kv out runner .. b4 installing the motor Id add 2 pieces of mdf Fiberboard to nose inside and behind were motor mounts
Great! Thanks for the help!

Back