help plz

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phiber

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
i got a os cvrx and i have the trx ...i need to take the clutch nut and flywheel off the trx and put it on the OS but i can't...cuz i can't figure out how to get rid of that clip or watever it is called

hmm...now the flywheel doesn't come off....ugh

Forget the technical approach to this. Get a rubber mallet and tap the flywheel away from the shaft evenly turning the flywheel as you tap. Should come off rather easily. It you don't have a rubber mallet then you could use a regular hammer only make sure to pad the head of the hammer and hit the flywheel ever so gently.

If you have the product, a harmonic balancer puller will be the absolute best to remove the flywheel.

You can use a battery terminal puller to pull the fly wheel it is suposed to work really good !!

ok hmm i took the clutch off....and now i see this nut thingie..w/ a rod coming out of it....should i loosen that?

Yes, that's the flywheel nut. You're all for not without taking that off. You can probably use your hand or fingers to brace the flywheel while you loosen the nut, however if not you will need the brace that what's his name spoke of or gently use plyers being extremely careful not to damage your flywheel. I personally use either my fingers or plyers.

I got it off...now i need to kno..i put it on my CVRX ....and its REALLY REALLY hard to move the engine w/ it..is that a good or a bad thing? and how do i make sure i put the clutch/flywheel assembly on correctly

how do you put this E clip back on also?

You mean what is hard to move?

Putting on the e-clip is fairly easy. just alight it to where it needs to go and use needle nose plyers from there to lock it into position.

I found out its the compression
i have a question tho...i have $70 to pay off my $20 for my cvrx, buy a gallon of trinity 20% buy a fuel filter and a pipe...wat should i get?

oh ok...ill be getting that pipe then w00t....$18 at my LHS...

fuel filter will only run you a couple of bucks to you have a few bucks saved for the first time you break your t-maxx, which if you really play with it will happen.

Concur with the Pirate here...take some of that extra money and start stocking up on spare parts...things like rod ends, better turnbuckles, another set of tires never hurts, body clips (you will lose them guaranteed), extra batteries (you will need them trust me), spare glow plugs, spare screw set (you will lose a screw or two until you meet mister thread lock)...the list is endless, but you will want to keep a healthy field kit for those moments when you break something and want to keep on playing. Pirata can back me on this as can most of the members on this forum; having spare parts on hand can keep your bashing days long and enjoyable vice short and disappointing.

So far i have a Pro-Line suspenstion kit...and I'm getting aluminum buckleheads....but how much is a extra screw set...i remember reading somewhere they made a titanium screw set so you couldnt strip the heads? cuz thats wat hppaned to my front bumper...they hit a curb...and they got bent...and my electric screwdriver just ate their heads off....

A full Ti screw set is $118. That is way too expensive for what you are looking for. A good black oxide steel screw set is a decent set to have and they go for about $30-$40. Hardcore Racing makes a good screw set. They are hex drive and hardened steel. This combo makes it tough to strip out the screw. In fact, I have stripped more allen wrenches on these screws than the screws themselves.

I forget who makes it but I picked up a stainless steel screw set at Hobbytown USA for like 20 - 30.

Hex screws. Assorted lengths and types. Flat head, rounded, cylindrical heads.... It cam with about 10 - 20 of each length of screw and each type of head. It came with all the allen wrenches you'll need (they were the really cheap allen wrenches) and also washers. I more than was able to replace all the screws on everything you could think of and then some with a ton of spare stainless screws. I think the set came with about 150 pieces. It was a steal of a deal.

Originally posted by matts6887
Certainly sounds like it is. I may just have to look into that myslelf; as in this hobby; with all the allen screws and flatheads and the like, u never can have to many of them; its always good to have xtras on hand. I wonder if any other place other than hobbytown has it. I know there is a hobbytown around here; the problem is though its like 30-40 mins from where I live.
So, I drove 9 hours just to go to Taco Bell! 30 - 40 minutes is nothin!

Sorry I had not been to Taco Bell in years and the nearest one from Panama City, Panama was in San Jose, Costa Rica so that's where I drove! I picked up 200 pounds of coffee for the boat on the way back too!