Help please, Revo 3.3 will not start

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wwdragon

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hello all.

Finally nice out so tried to start the truck just now, I noticed no gas going to the engine. unplugged the hose going to engine, cranked it and no gas coming out of the hose. Seems I forgot to empty the lines after my last run last year and was gunked up. Changed the hose and gas is running out now no problem. I attached the hose back but will not start. I am guessing the place where the hose attaches is gunked up as well stopping the flow.

How can I clean it out? I have no clue how to take the engine apart so please don't say that lol can I use a toothpick? compressed air? anything to clean that part out so the truck will run?

Thank you in advance for any ideas, really want to run the truck, need that nitro smell again after the long winter :)

Well without tearing it apart you are limited as to what you can do. I have in the past taken an oral syringe and used it to force some fuel through. A little heat also helps, like a hair drier. You can also try to turn the engine over with you finger completely sealing the carb shut, this will force it to draw from the fuel inlet line. Hope this helps, Shaun

Thank you, never thought of that, I did try shooting some WD40 down the carb but never thought of the sealing off the carb trick. If that works will I need to replace the glow plug as it will now have gunk on it?

Thank you

Well without tearing it apart you are limited as to what you can do. I have in the past taken an oral syringe and used it to force some fuel through. A little heat also helps, like a hair drier. You can also try to turn the engine over with you finger completely sealing the carb shut, this will force it to draw from the fuel inlet line. Hope this helps, Shaun

You my good sir are a genius, :first_place: it worked, I had to open up the HSN about half a turn to help with the gunk but it worked, ran a tank of gas and I am one happy camper. Thank you so much. Never again will I forget to make sure the lines are empty after the last run of the year.

Back