Help needed breaking in engine

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

estep64

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I Just started breaking in my rig this morning and if it is sitting still it will slowly pull out by its self and is pulling to the left, and when the truck is turned off the wheels will turn on their own. any help would be great

When the truck is turned off? You mean when the engine is not running and the battery box switch is still on and controller power is on as well? What rx/tx do you have? TQI 2.4ghz or a tq3 27mhz? And make sure all your batteries are charged first off if they are weak or dead then your electronics will act weird.

what kind of rig do you have?

The tq 27 MHz and batteries are brand new but I noticed if it is at a idle and I pick it up the wheels are spinning even with the remote off

---------- Post added at 10:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:43 AM ----------

what kind of rig do you have?

Traxxas nitro sport

I started the engine a few mins ago and it took off wide open with the radio off

I started the engine a few mins ago and it took off wide open with the radio off

never start the engine with the radio off they will always just take off

1st you should never run/start the engine with the radio off...

If the reciever is not recieving a signal from the radio the servos will not return to center as they should.

Always turn on both the reciever and the radio/transmitter before starting a nitro model.

Wheels spinning while in the air indicate a high idle speed and/or a engine clutch engaging the clutch bell too soon.

If the wheels are spinning at idle it's just idled too high. Lean the lsn just a tad (1 hour). But if you have not completed breakin yet I recommend you do so at factory settings. Then start your performance tuning according to the manual. As far as your steering just zero out your servo linkage. With the electronics on and truck not running take the screw out of the steering linkage at the servo remove it center the tires And install linkage back to servo. Also make sure your steering trim on controller is zeroed when doing thus adjustment. This should fix your problem.

I think that I have got it lined out, but now at WOT it stalls out and won't start till it cools down the manual says glow plug but idk, I may try a new one later.

Never, ever, EVER start a nitro engine till the Tx has been turned on and then the Rx. Work the controls to make sure both servos are getting the signal.
Don't lean the LSN. It will RAISE the idle. Lower the idle screw after you're sure the throttle trim on the Tx has been turned down.