HELP, my trans keeps breaking and the spur gear is hard to turn when rebuilt.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

william1929

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
hey guys,

my revo 3,3 5309 2 weeks ago i broke my gear for reverse to i bought another one replaced it and then everything was fine, a while after i see its revving and not advancing so i go see in my trans, i see part 5396x the big one with the pin tht goes inside then another thing that goes around to secure it., so the pin breaks, i change it it breakes again so now my lhs put a bigger pin inside, now just like before when it the pins started to break when i fully assembled my transmision and put the 6 screws the spur gear was hard to turn and when there was no screws it turned easily, so now i assemble it today again. and like everytime when the spur gear was hard to turn it doesn't do wheelies enymore, it has like a down like (wwwwwwwwiiiiiinngggg) instead of (wiiiiiinggggggg) like before tht pin keeps breaking, now part 5385 broke today I'm thinking cuzz its because the trans its hard to turn it puts a pressure on the gears and for the part tht broke 5385 its the small one,

so now people pls help me, should i just buy a transmission on ebay ?? or idk where the prob is is my tranny even thought everygear were intacked it was hard to turn the spur gear

thanks in advance guys :D

if its giving you that much trouble , i would get a new one ...i was able to get a complete new trans with the breaks on it for around 15$ on ebay ..if your lucky , you might be able to get one for around the same price ;)

thanks but idc how much it costs i just want it very soon because i am amuptated of a finger not long ago like 2 weeks and can't do enything exept this and its awsome :D so thanks :D but if i buy the robinson metal trans gears will it solve my problem il go foc too

going with the FOC might help ...but it sounds like something is binding inside ...unless you fix that , it will never run right ...one of my revo's has all original trans gears and has no problems ...and i dont drive it like an old man ;) ..lol.....i would not put the trans in if the spur is hard to turn ...you need to fix that first

good luck

If the spur gear is hard to turn when the trans is out, there's a problem inside.
If it's hard to turn when it's mounted, your mesh with the CB is too tight.

thanks guys :D :D would it help if i would buy the whole section where the 2 speed clutch is?

You probably missed a shim somewhere causing it to bind. Open it up and print out the exploded view of the trans, then check it.

You probably missed a shim somewhere causing it to bind. Open it up and print out the exploded view of the trans, then check it.

Sounds right to me

k thanks ima cheke tht and il give u info :D

Back