Help identifying this monster truck

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reggloc

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Want to know if this a Traxxas T Maxx?
E72F8077-143B-4D60-B00D-053F5DC56990.jpeg 65E33F3C-AB6D-4A22-B92D-D77DBFE0BFB9.jpeg

It's t maxx ish, lol. It has an aftermarket chassis, rc solutions bulks, rc solution shock towers, and rc solutions skids. I'm not sure on the make of the chassis. So it actually appears to have more aftermarket parts than traxxas parts.

It's t maxx ish, lol. It has an aftermarket chassis, rc solutions bulks, rc solution shock towers, and rc solutions skids. I'm not sure on the make of the chassis. So it actually appears to have more aftermarket parts than traxxas parts.
As soon as you mentioned the RC Solutions skids, it sparked a memory. They also made a full on big block conversion, they called it the cybermaxx.

https://www.rcnitrotalk.com/forum/threads/cybermaxx-buildup.23684/

That's what this thing is. Odds are, the bulkheads are RCS as well. They had rear hinge pin plates to capture the rear of the hinge pins so they wouldn't break off/bend so easily, if at all.

dsc00155a-jpg.22079

Yess!! Thank you all for the help I was about to lose me marbles over this truck. Once I get her rolling I’ll post a link to some footage. Good Day To Ya Mates.

Olds, I had done a review years ago here on the rcs bulks. I still have them on one of my Maxxes, along with the rcs shock towers.

Olds, I had done a review years ago here on the rcs bulks. I still have them on one of my Maxxes, along with the rcs shock towers.
I liked them, but never bought them. I ran ACNCM bulks on mine. They were beefy, but didn't help with the hinge pin issue.

Want to know if I can mount this hpi engine on there. What kind of mounts would I need to use?
D42DEE0C-9D72-419E-9CF0-10A5F66B50A4.jpeg

Attachments

• FC6EE4F1-DE81-4C5D-BF24-C7C8597EEE35.jpeg
    FC6EE4F1-DE81-4C5D-BF24-C7C8597EEE35.jpeg
    248.9 KB · Views: 130
Sadly, if your missing the mounts... you might have a problem. Also, with a roto start engine, I'm not sure there's clearance where you need it to jam a starter rod through the rear shock tower to get at the engine.

One side of the motor mount area looks like a relatively normal motor mount slot. The other side looks close together because of where the center shaft goes through the chassis. You might be able to get away with using some typical buggy/truggy motor mounts, mount up the normal side, then mark/drill/tap a hole that fits on the other side in the mount itself.

Mounts like these:
https://www.amainhobbies.com/hobao-engine-mount-set-hoa87079/p248963