Help - HPI Firestorm - Receiver issues

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Foordy

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hello guys,
New to nitro rc cars but I purchased one today and am having issues with he receiver/transmitter.

Wired everything up and everything has good batteries in but the steering is coming through on the controller using the throttle up and down lever and the actually throttle on the car is wide open as soon as it is turned on.

I have tried swapping all he cables round and then I do swap them the best I can to is get the throttle to work on the car but then the steering just full locks left. This has completely boggled me. Can anyone assist

Using firestorm 10t nitro rc with code sport fhss controler.

You need to reverse one of the settings on the transmitter. Make absolutely SURE you have the servos plugged in to the correct sockets and both the steering and the throttle are working correctly before trying to start it.

You need to reverse one of the settings on the transmitter. Make absolutely SURE you have the servos plugged in to the correct sockets and both the steering and the throttle are working correctly before trying to start it.

Sorry I'm a complete beginner with rc cars, how do I reverse one of the settings? On the controller it self or? Sorry!

Have got the manual but its not that great to be fair. I have played with all the settings on the tx but haven't managed to get any where with it. Could the issue be with the receiver itself?

Doubtful, since you switched connectors and then your steering went full to one side.
In the manual for the menu of the radio you need to go to pg. 11, 12 and 13. Menu functions, then REV.
Make ABSOLUTELY sure the right servos are plugged into the right sockets in the Rx first. It's obviously a throttle servo issue since it's wide open. Reverse the setting for the throttle servo and it should close. You can then use the menu settings to adjust how wide it opens and how far your steering goes in either direction. You want to stop it without the servo straining to go farther than its mechanical limit.

Doubtful, since you switched connectors and then your steering went full to one side.
In the manual for the menu of the radio you need to go to pg. 11, 12 and 13. Menu functions, then REV.
Make ABSOLUTELY sure the right servos are plugged into the right sockets in the Rx first. It's obviously a throttle servo issue since it's wide open. Reverse the setting for the throttle servo and it should close. You can then use the menu settings to adjust how wide it opens and how far your steering goes in either direction. You want to stop it without the servo straining to go farther than its mechanical limit.
All the instructions I have is a little leaflet folded piece of paper there is no page 11, 12 or 13. Can't see anything about a menu option but there is two buttons on the bottom of the tx "ch1 Nor/Rev" & ch2 Nor/Rev" on a switch

THOSE are the servo reversing buttons. According to the Tx info you gave me, the manual is in the above link.
If your Tx looks nothing like that then you gave me the wrong info.
Check again and tell me exactly which radio you are using. DON'T go by the pamphlet if there isn't a picture of your Tx on it.

THOSE are the servo reversing buttons. According to the Tx info you gave me, the manual is in the above link.
If your Tx looks nothing like that then you gave me the wrong info.
Check again and tell me exactly which radio you are using. DON'T go by the pamphlet if there isn't a picture of your Tx on it.

(http://www.modelsport.co.uk/core-rc...-fhss-sport-stick-combo/rc-car-products/38218)
This is what my tx looks like, doesn't correct to the manual you posted. I have tried looking but haven't been successful.

What you have is an airplane radio vs. a ground radio with a steering wheel. It will work fine as long as you have the proper receiver for it. What does it say on the Rx?
On that radio, all you have are the manual reversing switches and trim tabs by the sticks. You have no computer or menu.

Again, make absolutely sure your servos are plugged into the right Rx sockets. Steering should be #1 and throttle #2.
Work the controls to check that the steering goes right when you push the stick right and left for left. The trim is used to center it.
Stick up should be throttle up, carb wide open, and stick down will be idle with the carb almost closed.
I'm hoping I'm right because sometimes a European system is backwards from ours with the throttle stick on the right.

Last edited:
Would you recommend a different tx then? Would any 2.4ghz one work with my RX? The RX I have is the one pictures in the above link for the tx. Its a code sport one too so should be compatible.

I just don't trust cheap stuff. You also don't need to get really expensive. What you DO want is a reputable brand name.
If your settings are correct, the one you have will work but you also want a wheel radio for ground units. Not all receivers are compatible with all radios but you said it was moving your servos. Let me see what I can come up with...

Here, look through these. Quite a few members here are using FlySky. It seems to be a decent radio at a great price.
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro....TRC1.A0.H1.XFlySky.TRS0&_nkw=flysky&_sacat=0

Flysky or Spektrum (More expensive) are some good brands. Just make sure, as Rolex said, that ALL your servos are plugged in the correct channels and that you haven't got one of the knobs turned funny. I'd set everything back to "middle" or factory defaults, then re-bind everything and see how that goes.

Flysky or Spektrum (More expensive) are some good brands. Just make sure, as Rolex said, that ALL your servos are plugged in the correct channels and that you haven't got one of the knobs turned funny. I'd set everything back to "middle" or factory defaults, then re-bind everything and see how that goes.

I've ordered a flysky RX & TX which hopefully will be coming tomorrow, I'll install it and test it out and let you guys know what happens, also bought. a failsafe cutout to go with it as a little upgrade so hopefully the new tx and RX resolves my issues! Thanks for your help guys

I've ordered a flysky RX & TX which hopefully will be coming tomorrow, I'll install it and test it out and let you guys know what happens, also bought. a failsafe cutout to go with it as a little upgrade so hopefully the new tx and RX resolves my issues! Thanks for your help guys
Sounds good, glad we helped :) (Mostly Rolex)