help associated 1/18th electric

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

x_doug_x

Gone - bye bye.
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
there is a chassis for sale with a body the motor mount is there, there's no motor, no reciever, speed control

it has a body it's a on road 4wd touring car with a skyline body made by associaed. how much is the roller worth? they are asking 50 bucks, i think that's kinda steep but i do want it.

Pass it up, in this economy for a couple bucks more you can have a very nice kit. That's actually an absurd price unless there's something I'm missing. Is this a Factory Team Kit?

honestly don't know man, i think it's a rc18t but i'm not sure, i just know it's a on road awd touring car roller made by associated.

RC18R probably, buy they're all the same chassis. The car version is only different from the chassis out (arms/wheels/tires/etc...), you can see the differences by clicking the link in my signature below.

Well, new you're looking at:

$139.99 - Team Associated RC18R Kamino Rally Mini 4wd RTR

• Includes "Super 370" high-performance motor.
  • 27MHz AM receiver installed
  • XPS Micro ESC
  • High-capacity 1100mAh nickel-metal hydride (Ni-MH) battery pack.
  • The RC18R suspension absorbs all of the imperfections of the road with oil-filled shocks for smooth and consistent dampening.
  • Molded inserts are included
  • Spoked wheels with AE AT treaded tires.
I honestly didn't know there was a price difference for this one, it's the same price locally for me.

$164.99 Team Associated 18R Niteline 4WD Touring Car

• Includes "Super 370" high-performance motor.
  • 27MHz AM receiver installed
  • XPS Micro ESC
  • High-capacity 1100mAh nickel-metal hydride (Ni-MH) battery pack.
  • The RC18R suspension absorbs all of the imperfections of the road with oil-filled shocks for smooth and consistent dampening.
  • Molded inserts are included
  • Spoked wheels with AE AT treaded tires.

If you have the parts to make the kit a RTR, it's probably a not a bad deal.

it's the niteline chassis and body, what do you think it's worth?

It depends on the condition. The only thing I see valuable is the body, apparently it's a rarer option. If it's in good shape you're still looking at $70-100 easy for esc/motor, then you'd need battery $19.99 new is what I paid for a stock pack from AE. Then you'd need a radio, you can pick up Traxxas TQ2 all day for $25-30 on ebay or craigslist. Also if you didn't have a charger, you'd need that. I'm just looking at it from a perspective that you don't have anything else needed to get this one running and that it's still in like new condition. The motor mount will cost you as well, it's just those nickel and dime things that add up on deals like this to be honest.

Your other option is possibly a mamba system. They have been running them on sale for $89 or so. That would make it insanely fast, but you would still need Tx/Rx and motor mount.

i'm fromiliar with rc and what i need, i just want to know how much you think the rolling chassis is worth???

i have about 6 radios including micro recievers etc.. i have a mamba maxx 8000kv brushless system with 2s lipo in a 1/18 duratrax vendetta i was going to put in this car and put a stock motor i have back in the vendetta, i just wanna know how much the rolling chassis is worth?

the motor mount is in it. but theres no pinion

Oh, pinions are cheap. I misread the first post, my bad. I say offer $35-40...worst case you give the asking price. Sorry, I was assuming you didn't have any of the other things needed to make it RTR which would have made it "not worth messing with" in my opinion. Just be sure the diffs are in good shape. Is the steering servo included? If so it's probably worth the full asking price.

yes, steering servo is included...

Yeah, shoot him a slightly lower offer. Worst case you save $10 to put toward some mip super diffs. You'll need them with that mamba system. The MIP super diffs with the AE Factory Team carbide diff balls are bulletproof. You can beat the heck out of them and it takes a lot before they need another rebuild.

Good luck, let us know if you get it. I still remember mine well enough to help if you have any issues or questions. Feel free to PM me too.

Yeah, shoot him a slightly lower offer. Worst case you save $10 to put toward some mip super diffs. You'll need them with that mamba system. The MIP super diffs with the AE Factory Team carbide diff balls are bulletproof. You can beat the heck out of them and it takes a lot before they need another rebuild.

Good luck, let us know if you get it. I still remember mine well enough to help if you have any issues or questions. Feel free to PM me too.

lol, thanks for all your help.. i thought 50 bucks was a little steep. i was gonna try to pick it up for about 35

Back