Help and advice needed on repairs/upgrades

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TonyStank

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hi All, very new to the world of RC Cars (1 week) so struggling to find resources. Son recently got a GoStock 9156 for Christmas. He absolutely loves it and it seems a perfect car for a 10 year old (and his Dad) but due to some learner driver incidents it is now in need of repairs....

The manual handily gives a parts guide with part numbers .etc but when I look online it appears that GoSock is one of many many brand names associated with this vehicle. Its making it difficult to be sure I’m buying the right parts and also it’s making searching for parts more difficult as I’m not sure if GoStock, Hosim, XinleHong are the same thing or not.

I’ve also seen various metal upgrades to certain parts which seem like a good idea but again finding compatible parts its proving difficult given I have no clue what brands are what.

Currently look for a replacement Steering Set or metal upgrade.

image.jpg

@TonyStank many of these cheaper knock off brands are clones of clones of clones and parts can be a real bear to find. You're best bet would be to contact the place (or seller) you purchased it from and see if they also carry parts or know where to find parts.

Otherwise another alternative would sadly be buy another one and use it for parts.

I would get an aluminum steering linkage, aluminum bulkhead, and RPM plastic control arms, when each item breaks, of course. I don't recognize your vehicle,. so maybe like Woodie says, you may want to go with a more reputable brand for serious "learning". Best of luck. Does anyone else here know of congruent parts that may work to repair/upgrade this problem?

Thanks for the replies so far. This is the car
image.jpg
image.jpg

the manual

image.jpg

and parts guide in the back is here

image.jpg

This car was a Christmas gift so I had no control over where it was from, I’m just trying to make the best of it now. I’d def upgrade parts to aluminum once I was sure of what I was buying.

Back