Hello! Need a shock recommendation…

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OldSchoolRC

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hello! I’m getting back into the scene after a 25 year absence. In the last year I picked up a couple of Arrma Granites (for kids), and Associated Reflex B for myself and I’m also building a new Kyosho Turbo Optima. That said I just got a new Slash 4x4 VXL for a custom desert buggy build (shown below with stock shocks), and need some recommendations on shocks as within 5 minutes of the first run a rear broke. How do the Proline Powerstokes and Traxxas GTR’s stack up against each other, price aside? Not racing this but I do want some flexibility in tuning. Thanks!

Attachments

• 6FD490AF-9715-46DC-B648-106F76DEBCBF.jpeg
    6FD490AF-9715-46DC-B648-106F76DEBCBF.jpeg
    414.9 KB · Views: 40
  • DFEA89C6-D114-46C2-907C-F18650DFDDB5.jpeg
    DFEA89C6-D114-46C2-907C-F18650DFDDB5.jpeg
    461.3 KB · Views: 25
  • FCE8D808-D7E3-4905-BF7F-026BDB944247.jpeg
    FCE8D808-D7E3-4905-BF7F-026BDB944247.jpeg
    436.5 KB · Views: 22
I have used older hot bodies alum purple shocks on a slash, a few trucks, and a race build maxx and love them, I have a new set in stock if you would want them for $40 shipped in the u.s.

HR has cool shocks any travel you will need and they warranty there stuff. You could do straight shocks or coils that’s up to you.

HR has cool shocks any travel you will need and they warranty there stuff. You could do straight shocks or coils that’s up to you.
Thanks for the lead. Do you know the part number by chance?

Thanks for the lead. Do you know the part number by chance?
Part number is up to you what travel you want. Most mine are 15-25 inches you might need smaller. Hit up Maximum.
Just say what scale to HR and they can help you out. Will cost little more but worth it. Trust me ohhh wait don’t trust me I know nothing. Simple facts in life

Part number is up to you what travel you want. Most mine are 15-25 inches you might need smaller. Hit up Maximum.
Just say what scale to HR and they can help you out. Will cost little more but worth it. Trust me ohhh wait don’t trust me I know nothing. Simple facts in life
You are like me with self defeating your words

Back