Hello everyone

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frenchie

RC Newbie
Reaction score
I am new, wltoys 124017 is any good?
I used to do plastic plane models and I want try something different. I don't want broke bank account with expensive stuff while I not sure if I like it so I am looking for advice. Find this wltoys quite good for the price (to be onest spent 3 days of searching for best car for money) :)
Happy to be here, thanks

Welcome aboard!

Although I never used them, wl seems to be a cheap option in the door. What scale and type are you after, and how much do you want to spend?

The car you listed is 1/12 buggy. Is this the style you like or the cheapest you can find?

Welcome Frenchie! I don't have any experience wit the WLTOYS stuff but someone will chime in soon. :)

Welcome to the hobby/forum!

The WLToys stuff isn't bad for the money. The 12428-B is a pretty good one. Parts aren't terribly priced, and you can find stuff on ebay. First mod I would do is metal diffs, which funny enough, I bought for my son's when I first ordered it and never installed over 6 years later. And it's still going.

Welcome to RCTalk and thanks for joining! I would not recommend anyone buy WLToys. Look for a good hobby grade brand imho.

If you're new to the RC hobby, we have several very active threads here on RCTalk that could be especially of some help for you to making your start into the hobby much more enjoyable and easier!

Even if you're not new, we would still love to hear your feedback on the tools and electronics you are using in the above threads!

Quick Forum Tips

If you do the social media thing, be sure to like and follow us on Facebook and Twitter!

Premium Membership

Military roll call: Active Duty | Veterans
Have RC News?
Email us here.
Become a Forum Sponsor | Support RCTalk

*Musters best british accent*........ I dont like it and I wont do it! :pompous:
I was actually just sitting here today thinking that the WLToys buggy we have has been the most durable RC I have ever owned. Meanwhile the Granite is ready for its 5th axle replacement in less than 10 runs.

I was actually just sitting here today thinking that the WLToys buggy we have has been the most durable RC I have ever owned. Meanwhile the Granite is ready for its 5th axle replacement in less than 10 runs.
Ok, now you're just trying to get a rise outta me... Why is everyone always pickin on me?! 😭😭😭

🤣

Ok, now you're just trying to get a rise outta me... Why is everyone always pickin on me?! 😭😭😭

🤣
I am definitely not a WLToys fanboy, and I'll likely never buy another. But that damn buggy has been a blast. Breydon actually took it home and has put a few packs through it there too. I am expecting it to return in pieces though. He has an older brother that will likely destroy it for him.

I am definitely not a WLToys fanboy, and I'll likely never buy another. But that damn buggy has been a blast. Breydon actually took it home and has put a few packs through it there too. I am expecting it to return in pieces though. He has an older brother that will likely destroy it for him.
lol, I was just messin' with ya :)

Welcome aboard!

Although I never used them, wl seems to be a cheap option in the door. What scale and type are you after, and how much do you want to spend?

The car you listed is 1/12 buggy. Is this the style you like or the cheapest you can find?
That was a starting point. I like 1/10 scale, brushless, buggy or truggy. My budget is limited to 300-350 most. Don't need to be spending monster. I prefer durability over speed.