Hell Yeah BFT baby!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HumboldtBlazer

RCTalk VIP
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I am getting one. I will put in my order in less than a week. Hopfully I will be the first on my block to get one. I have been waiting and wanting this truck since I heard of it this spring. Who else is gonna get this truck?

I want one but waiting for some reviews I’ve been waiting on it for 9 months now. It is almost time.

I like the tranny design, along with the rock guard. Another feature I like is the placemnt of the tail pipe behind the engine going width wise of the truck. This way the exhuast sprays behind the truck and you don't get that slippery wheel problem that I had after a few tanks on my T-maxx.

Yeah Babie!!!! Almost here. I just dumped a ton of money into my Buggy but I'm gettin one as soon as the checkbook allows.

if its not a tmaxx its junk. i think the bft is going to be like the terra crusher(wannabe tmaxx) so what if it is a big block. it seems like for every cool thing they put on it they put a stupid useless part on it, like what is up with the right angle drive with the engine to the tranny. can we sy weak spot. and wy even bother putting piggy backs on the shocks if they are fake. sure it is a big block but why even bother when you can have the same performance and more with a small block for 100 bucks less? :nope: :nono:

Originally posted by metallicamaxx
if its not a tmaxx its junk.

ROFLMAO!!!!

traxxas= toy junk in every sense of the word!

Originally posted by metallicamaxx
if its not a tmaxx its junk.

hey metallicamaxx -

Click here: http://monster.traxxas.com/index.php

I'm sure u will find that a much better place to be.........go on, really....stay as long as u want on that site....better yet, dont come back.

The tmaxx may be okay.....after 200.00 worth of hopups, but everything else traxxas makes is just a lil toy

Lets not get too carried away here!

sorry, chris - hit a nerve

how can you the that it takes 200 bucks to make a tmaxx good, that is only if you want to make it a big block. the tmaxx is beating every other truck on the market in every field right now (except maybe the savage in jumping). in the rc car action review the bft topped out at 32 mph and it can't pull a wheelie, tmaxx will do 43 mph running rich and it will pull a wheelie and it is a small block. i will agree that the rest of traxxas' cars are toylike, but the tmaxx is the finest piece of monster truck machinery on the market and it has yet to be topped! :yes: :bunny:

lol

This is just like the XXX-NT and RC10-GT debate

or the

Kyosho Inferno vs. Mugen MBX

or the

NTC3 vs blah blah blahhhhhhhh

Bottom line, everyone will have biased opinions. The good part is that people will stand behind both the TMaxx AND the Savage. That alone says a lot.

Now if nobody stood behind one or the other then you would clearly know which one sucks. But its safe to say, they BOTH have their respective ups and downs.

You all suck!!! Savage SS all the way!!! LoL.

Anyway, I like my Savage 110% more than my frickin T-maxx.
The MGT looks cool in person, but there is nothing about it that makes me want one. Maybe if I didn't already own 2 MTs...

i am going to agree with Çh®i§tiªñ. just to settle this.

p.s. the savage .25 only tops out at 33.9 mph with the speed gears and the engine is "terribly unreliable, hpi put the damn thing together wrong", and the trx 2.5 runs like a dream as long as you know how to break it in!

I'm sorry to burst your bubble but the stock savage 21 does appox 33 out the box
the savage 25 with the taller gearing thats supplied in the box will top out at near 43 :whhooo:
As most of us know RCCA is a bit biased in all of their reviews. think about it when was the last time they gave any r/c reviewd a bad rateing???

as for durability IMO savage wins hands down, but if you want something that's nimble then get a tmaxx just stay away from 10 foot jumps unless you know how to land'em.
:OT:

now back to the MGT so far i've heard 2 negative reviews but I'll give it another month or two before I pass any kind of judgement on it unless I can get my hands on it sooner.

rccar is biased with their reviews, i wasn't going by them(except for the MGT), i was going with what i have seen with my buddies radar gun(he is a cop). nothing against the savage, i own one! appologies to all, i will hold any further comments. :sorry:

i agree, the savage is one kick ass truck. i never said i didnt like it, i just said it wasn't as fast as my other trucks. i am now going to obey the wishes of skymaxx and stop talking about other trucks in the BFT section.

Last edited:
Thought i'd add my .02 here.The 32 mph speed of the MGT if I read correctly was clocked on a very rutted and bumpy track so it isn't really accurate.The only thing i've seen about the MGT I didn't like was the fake piggy backs but everything else looks awesome.As far as the Maxx being the best well.....:puke: The Maxx is a peice of junk!Everytime me and my freinds go out bashing the Maxx is the first one to break.It's always something with this truck.It's either busted A-Arms,busted shock caps,snapped bulkheads,snapped skid plates,engine over heats constantly(even with the Trinity head).I've been messing with this truck for a year now and have yet to see it even attmpt to pull the front wheels off the ground.Now i'll admit my tuning skilz aren't perfected but none of my other engines have given me any problems and have all ran perfectly.I've even had it at the LHS countless times for tuning help and they couldn't get it to pull the wheels either.I feel bad for even telling my freind to buy this peice of junk.If I would have known it was such garbage I would have reccomended another truck.Forgive me for the long post and going off topic but I had to give my thoughts on the subject.

My theory! If you buy any TRaxxas product, you will soon learn that everything else is better!

OK this a MGT thread and I read the posts and everyone talks of how the maxx i better or the savage is better...DO ANY OF YOU HAVE ONE YET? The only ones that can really place hard fact down are the ones that have a tmaxx or a savage AND A MGT.I just got the MGT and a Tmaxx 2.5 and well the only thing I can say so far is the tmaxx is a puny looking next to it. Yes the tires are big but even the chassis is bigger. Now I don't want to hear how"my cybermaxx" is bigger...Hell yeah the cybermaxx is bigger it was designed to be!!! I am talking straight from the LHS the MGT is bigger. Both seem to have similar "soft" shock feeling. The way Traxxas designed the body to have access to the tank was nice,whereas AE left us to remove the lid and do it that way! The steering servo SUX ASS! The steering servo on the MAXX seems to be better. But I am pretty sure the new hitec 645 will be better on it if not it will on my TMAXX. I will just have to get the digital servo from Hitec that SKYMAXX was talking about. I will let everyone know as soon as I finish the break in tomorrow!!!:w00t: Now as for the MAXX and Savage owners give us the opinion but don't take this thread back to another "MAXX or Savage is better. Give an opinion to the matter DON"T Derail the thread!!

Hey JOn2....

Well, I own a beffy Maxx that's soon to be almost Bullefproof. I got to drive the MGT this last weekend for about 20 minutes. IMHO....it's a 1/8th scale T-maxx. Many of the things on the MGT are just BIGGER versions of T-maxx desings...like the A-arms, Chassis and Tranny. I think it's gonna be a really popular Truck when the aftermaket floods in as it's a BIG T-Maxx and what's not to love about that when you hop it up with killer parts.

The power or lack-their of on the MGT .21 leaves some to be desired but you can always add a bigger engine. THe low end on that engine is pretty damn impressive and it crawl'd and clmibed well stock. I think AE is idiotic for not adding a .25 as they would have got that much more of the RTR market IMHO. Enjoy your truck bro.

As for Steering servos, I run the HiTec 5645 Digital Ultra TOrque..Metal Gear now and I freaking love it. The standard 645 is also a great servo if you don't wanna go digital.

Keep in mind that my opinions of the Power of the MGT might be biased by the fact that I drove an Insanely fast Schmaucher truck that weekend too. THe MGT definitley needs more power though.

Peace

Last edited: