Heli-Max 1SQ

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not bad looking, could stand to be a bit larger for outdoors just for being able to see it. Not really 3D though, just basic aerobatics, and most of the mini quads are capable of flips, rolls, etc.

Hi,
Yeah, I realized I'd said 3D, after I wrote it and that's not correct.

Aerobatics... Yes.

Take care

Chas

Last edited:
Hi,
I just picked up my Heli-Max 1SQ mini Quad copter.

Oh what fun, it is to practice with... and kind of hard to believe, something can be flying this tiny.

Chas

Last edited:
My new lil' buddy mQX got a few friends

I brought my three quads a friends place to fly with today.
Yeah, I picked up a a couple months ago.
But today, A was brought home.
What a kool quad.

Chas
_

Hi-Performance Quad-Rotor

Last edited:
No kidding

A very nicely designed model and would seem a better fit. You truly get what you pay for this model. These are the rarer ones.
I do find it quite interesting though that these pieces show up. I must say that this is one of the best model that I have seen in a long time.

Hi brett,
Yeah, they are quite the little marvels. & these micro quads are plenty agile and actually quite peppy, considering how small the electric motors are.

The is way more powerful and much more visible.
But for indoor flight they all work, and have slightly different characteristics.
Which makes them all interesting and fun to fly.

Chas

Hi Chas... Thanks for a very nice information. I am about to order one. I never had experience to fly them. I want to know what exactly to check for before you fly ?? .So that i convince my flight is ok. I like to keep safe other components to avoid accident.

Brett,
While the thought of checking things over before flight, rings true with helicopters, quads aren't quite that particular.

You can certainly look to make sure the motors are pushed up or down, depending on the model.
Check to see that the rotor blades aren't bent or loose.
Just charge your Tx battery's and quad & fly.

Micro quads are pretty stable and don't really need the attention that you might be thinking they need.
If you crash, check it over, but generally the quads in my sig are very stable and surprisingly very sturdy little things. Even the larger can take quite a crash and come out unscathed.

Buy one and enjoy the instant gratification. No over thinking needed...

Chas

That's reward enough

Hi Brett,
Thanks for the kind words. You're very welcome.
Yes, RC flying is spectacular fun. I may be easily impressed, and find most new things exciting, but this is different.

I know that if you buy any quality built quad or helicopter model, from a reputable company, it will bring you joy.

Yes, the talented and practised helicopters pilots, are at or very near the pinacle of RC hobbies, and these people involved in the RC flying hobby are awesome to know too.

Have fun, and fly safe.
With many happy landings...

Chas

The smaller quads do not require the pre-flight of an RC heli, that I will agree with.

But once you move up to larger quads, and especially if you have FPV and other camera gear on them, then pre-flight becomes extremely important. A critical failure on one of my helis might cost a few hundred bucks; a critical failure (or pilot error, or something missed due to lack of / poor pre-flight) on an FPV quad can mean $2k or more (depending on setup) goes flying off into the sunset to never be seen again.

How true, never dawned on me.

It's good for me and Brett as well, to read the thoughts you just shared.
I likely won't be strapping my Nikon camera to anything but my neck, so it won't be a loss that way here.

I don't even want to think about losing an expensive Nikon or Canon gear on a runaway quad or heli for that matter. But your suggestions make total sense to me. I was thinking only, about the smaller micro quads, up to my AR Drone 2.0.
I'm still quite satisfied with it's inexpensive onboard cameras.
The biggest loss there could likely be a GoPro, even the couldn't carry much weight.

Big thanks for helping myself and others who read this, understand that there Are considerations to make, before flying pricey camera gear on quads.

Have you had the opportunity to fly either of your new planes yet?
I'm looking forward to hearing more about those, and how you like them.

Thanks for sharing your experience and knowledge.

Chas

Back