Header Mod

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ch3no2junkie

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Has anyone tried cutting the flair off of a 3.3 header? The section on the resources page only mentions the 2.5, but I don't see why it open up a 3.3 just as well.

i did it and i was having issues with the coupler not staying put, so i bought a new header and left the cone on it. . .and i personally suggest you do the same thing, and it really doesn't do that much if anything to the performance

Thanks for the input. What do think the best thing to do for increased bottom end is? People say the THS pipe is a good choice, but which one? I found an all out racing pipe and a general pipe.

Thanks for the input. What do think the best thing to do for increased bottom end is? People say the THS pipe is a good choice, but which one? I found an all out racing pipe and a general pipe.

If I had to guess I would say the racing pipe. I put a resonator on mine, and they have different tuned pipes for what you're looking for.. if its bottom end, mid, and i think top end power. It doesent hurt to look. My resonator made a significant difference in performance

I'd agree with steel city nitro on this one buddy, really the only thing you can do is do some research on what pipe combo works best for what you want it to do and make you purchase decision from there.

I SWEAR that's what i said to you yesterday rob!! All the same, the advice you give is sound and accurate !

yeah it was, and i took your advice and spread the knowledge :hehe:

The THS pipe is the best race legal pipe I found. Very broad powerband on 3.3's and OS 21 TM's. Def. made the engine tune easier, but it did require a bit richer needle settings on the 3.3 vs. the stock pipe.

I swear by THS, as long as my mommy's not around. It made my old 3.3 run like it was modified. Huge difference.

I have the ths 146h hard coated for the 3.3's. I bought it used. It added power from idle to full throttle. I think it's supposed to be for more high end, as that's where it'll really scream.

Back