Has anyone had experience with dynamite engines

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

volcanix

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Namely this one
http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdID=DYN6450

I'm looking at powering up my engine that i have which is a .21 nitro, and is crap because its a hard to start POS and it wont accept any other forms of starters except a pull start. ANy who
should i spend the money or am i not gaining any extra Hp from going to a bigger displacement
i did see that this engine is putting out twice that of the dynamite and is a .21 but it is very expensive
http://www.osengines.com/engines/osmg1627.html
any help is appreciated thanks

I have a .26 with about 5 gallons run through it. it holds a tune and does not leak it runs about 260 I like it

Yea, mine always blew up. Ya think the NITRO ones would make a bigger bang.

And how 'bout them C-4 engines???

B_O_O_O_O_O_O_O_>>>>>O_O_O_O>>>>>O_O_O_O_O_M!!!!!!!

Yeah, I think that Platinum engine that Racer mentioned is actually the same mill as the Picco version.

yea i need a marine engine ay, tis for my boat

Yeah, I think that Platinum engine that Racer mentioned is actually the same mill as the Picco version.

No it's not. You are thinking of the LRP Z.21. That is a Picco Evo 2 .21/ Jammin .21, with a big price tag.
The Platinum series are OK, but tend to run a bit warm and use a lot of fuel compared to other .21 race engines.
Dynamite makes good engines, you just have to keep a close eye on the engine bearings. Not the best quality. I have a Platinum .28, the main bearings have 1 mm lateral slop when new! That's ridiculous. Front bearing was shot after 1 1/2 gallons.

so if i were to get it i best just to buy a new bearing straight off as well?

so if i were to get it i best just to buy a new bearing straight off as well?
When you break in "any new" nitro motor you are running on the rich side to protect the piston, rod & cylinder, the over rich condition washes the bearings defeating lubrication. after about one (1) gallon of fuel you should on a new engine replace the engine bearings. then you should be ready for the long haul. I have the same motor in my shockwave36, appears to be doing very well and strong.

Back