Has anybody ever been made fun of or harassed due to their RC Hobbies or Nitro RC cars? Share your stories on this thread.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last month, when I was at the rc club, we were racing our Slashs', a group of decked out cyclist, on their $5k bicycles, stopped and watched us raced one of our heat. They all got so excited whenever there was a wreckage. Goes to show we all have some things in common.

I am 67 years old and live in a condo. So lots older folks. Yes happens all the time! “Are you old enough to drive that?” “ What do you want to do when you grow up?” I just go along and say “no but doing it anyway” “haven’t decided what I want to do been so busy having fun!”

Yes happens all the time. I am soon going to be 68 yrs old. I took up the sport a little over a year ago. I live in a condo complex so lots of gray hairs here ( including me). People walk by and say “are you old enough to drive that thing?” I say probably not but doing it anyway. Then another one is “what do you want to be when you grow up?” My answer: don’t know yet, been too busy having fun to think about that!

When I got back in to RC, I was 34 years old. I’m sure people have said stuff or think a way about it. But I also don’t care. I have been made fun of my whole life for being so in to races and trucks and how they work. At 8 I could identify a crank shaft and could tell the difference between a crank and a cam. I rebuilt my first engine at 15. I went from high school football to competition swimming my freshman year of high school. I’m an and always have been a “nerd.” I never liked playing video games and never got in to sports. I also was in the army for 9 years. I could careless what others think about my hobbies. Now, my passion for working on stuff supports my family. I make WAY more money than those who looked down on me.
When I got in to the hobby, I was drinking a lot and dealing with depression from covid and it’s effects on my family. I fixed a friend of mines slash. I was hooked and the desire to drink was gone. I’m not much of a driver, I’m a fixer/builder. And if the hobby can do these things for me and my life, I’m more than happy to share it with others that it might help them in the same way it helped me. That’s why I do it and why I could careless why others think.

The only thing happen to me is a metal bb drive by one a buddy and I. Other than that a cop harrassed me and another cop told my friend and I we could stay in the parking lot while telling me about the church alram going off......