GV Models REX-X 1/8th

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mondo

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hi guys,

Was at a local hobby shop the other day and stumbled across this beast.
It's a GV Models 1/8th buggy.
In the box it doesn't look too bad, but the Taiwan based web site is a little bland on technical specifications.
Apparently these are selling quite well and at £220 or US$350 it seems a bargain.

The HS owner was amazed at how cheap the spares were for this GV RC buggy too.

Here's the tech-spec I got from another UK HS website:

POWERED BY A POWERFUL FORCE .21 REAR EXHAUST, 3.5CC PULL-START ENGINE, CONNECTED TO A NEAT BLUE ANODISED TUNED PIPE.

THE MODEL IS FOUR WHEEL DRIVE, HAS FOUR OIL-FILLED SHOCK ABSORBERS, HAS AN ENGINE WITH A TUNED PIPE, HAS ADJUSTABLE TOE AND CAMBER LINKS, HAS UNIVERSAL DRIVESHAFTS AND A PRE-TRIMMED, PRE-PAINTED BODYSHELL.

THIS IMMPRESSIVE MACHINE IS CAPABLE OF SPEEDS AROUND 50MPH!!

Excuse the caps - pure cut 'n paste, I hope the smaller font remedies they eye-ache.

Absoloutely no idea who makes the 1/8th buggy motors, but the smaller GV Nitro cars have Force motors.

Has anyone ever seen/driven one of these?
From the more experienced 1/8 pilot's view, does it look good and worth trying?

Here's a link to the GV range on a UK etailers Web Page

Anyways some feedback on GV models and Force engines would be appreciated

Mondo -
The GV cars have always been (and had a reputation) of being pure garbage, but this 1/8 offering is completely different. Two close friends own them, and I can honestly say that for the price, the thing is brilliant. They can take a fair beating before they give up too.

If you've got msn, add [email protected] - this guy has been abusing his rex for a while now, it would be worth seeing what hes got to say.

The stock engine it comes with is a Force 21 (Ofna P4), and this is the version with the small/short blue head. Runs well, topend is decent, lowend is a little lacking, but plenty enough for an RTR engine anyway. Runs well, idles well, perhaps a little hot, but yeah a decent little engine.

Other than the engine, it is the exact same machine as the XTM X-terminator which has the slightly faster XTM 24.7 engine. So any comments you hear about one will apply to the other.

Like I said, its a kit that I can highly reccomend, especially for its price. We pay au$520 for it here, which is about us$350 too.

Good Luck,
uDi

GV Buggy

uDi_MP7.5

Thanks for the feedback, it's appreciated.
In fact, I think I'll go pick myself one up soon, for the price it's a bargain and if I don't like it, there's always EBay :)

Yeah man check my site out, with a few mods this thing will cop a FLOGGING.. (and I mean my version of a flogging, not someone who thinks 6 ft jumps is flogging a buggy, thats not even close :hamster: )

BTW Just uploaded some pics to my gallery. Need video section :(

I'm pretty certain someone here would host the vids for you.....

Looking good! Glad to see another 8th scale drive doing what they should be hehehehe.....

Downloading all of 'em now!

Thanks for the link!

Originally posted by Çh®i§tiªñ
Glad to see another 8th scale drive doing what they should be hehehehe.....

Nightmare does more than he should be... isnt that right nightmare? hehe

eheheheh :) yeah poor buggy..

If I get enough donations ill launch my on-road 2 speed car out of the skate park!.. yeah thats at 80-90k/hr...

Yes Ill video it..:devious:

first off, appologies for resurecting this thread.
second. did you get a rex-x in the end?
third. the instructions are pretty crap, does anyone have any tuning info on them? it would be GREATLY appreciated

Tuning on the car or the engine? either way just use normal tuning rules...

i am an owener of an xtm terminator deluxe.... (nightmare do you also post at global hobbies? same guy that i said id havto copy your full lenghth brace..if so sup man! heh) and i also push this thing to the point most would call it uncalled for abuse....but to me i call it fun. i have broken some arms a few times and had to do the mandatory wing mount brace (like the storm) but it just keeps coming back for more...the buggy will surprise you with its toughness, something i have said alot before. it doesn't hold a candle to my storm pro in handling though......

tuning the engine, theres no insturctions on the default needle settings or anything in the manuals

thats not much help. i know nothing, i need an idiots guide

I am sure you can use google (you know the search engine) or do a search in the forums...
Ie one of the larger ones like
http://www.rctech.net

I was once a noob too, I found it online :)

Seems like a decent buggy go for it. Buy it, it looks like a kanai.

good buggy i have the UK version its never let me down yet

Good reply phil. Only about two years late but hey whos counting. Do they even make this anymore?