gs storm

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nitrost

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
i may get a trade for my rs4 for a gs storm but i want some feedback on it is it generic or a good brand never heard of it. new they cost 350. just wondern lmk also where do you get parts

The GS storms are good buggies. But out-dated in design compared to a lot of other buggies out there. Also they have been out for quite a while, and I would suspect GS to discontinue them any time. And No, they are not generic. But there are a few little problem areas on the car like shock towers, and the pivot blocks getting pulled out of the chassis or something.
Some lhs's may carry parts, but you can find them off www.horizonhobby.com

there good for bashing
but not a race worthy ride rtr imo
they are pretty tough with the pro chassis

Nothing wrong with the storm at all. Just like any RC there are a few weak points that can be upgraded if you find a need to do so. It is a solid buggy and parts are available for it and will be available for a long time to come. GS is a good name and is a great mid to upper level buggy.

I owned one for a few years and loved it. I just recently sold it and regret the sale. If It wasn't sold to the person that got it I would still be running it today.

They are a capeable buggy,just not the newest design. They are race worthy, just a coue fixes like all rtr's

Hook it up. There pretty nice I think. True, not the newest design, but still very cool and dependable buggies.

pretty tough cars. They can take a beating and handle very well..yes they are race worthy

I've got a storm, and love it, but the plastics are the first generation (well, the upper control arms are). The upper front control arms need replacing, otherwise, it's a good little car. I'm getting ready to sell it, as I just got my Mugen...

I've never broken an A-arm on my storm and I beat the phuck out of it. The only thing I have broke plastic wise on my storm...is the rear bulk head and a c-hub. Turnbuckles and screws have snapped but never an A-arm, and thats 2 years of owning it.

Last edited:
I just got one, I wonder from who??? Anyway, I haven't had much track time with it yet but I can say it's pretty good so far. I'm happy with it and looking forward to running some races with it here in the next few weeks.

I have broken the rear diff case due to a reall cool but bad tumble. What I did was get the aluminum rear diff brace and then also get four long 4-40 screws and 4-40 nuts and screw each screw through the rear case. There should be a total of four through that attached the wing mount to the diff case. Try it out. The fioroni rear diff brace is the best in my opinion.

Other than that its a tough buggy.

Mines' a first-gen storm, so naturally there were some issues in the production plastic used. But, I've replaced most of the plastics (just to get better stuff on it). Otherwise, I haven't really broken anything on it, just wore 'em out. I'd say go for it; you'll love it. If you get the RTR, the B02 that comes with it is a pretty good little engine.

Hey Jon, sounds like "the fix" for NTC3 and TC3. Thanks for the info

Yup, I got one too. It started out RTR but has been upgraded quite a bit. Early failure items were, and some were mentioned already, the plastic blocks stripping out, stock towers like to bend a little, the rear holes where the blocks attach to the chassis are drilled very close to the edge and subsequently failed. All of these problems were fixed with upgrades. The HardCore Titanium chassis being the most costly but worth every penny. Oh yeah, the stock engine is great for beginners but gets eaten up at the track. Would I buy another Storm ? Sure, why not. The design is tried and true. Have fun with whatever you decide on.