GS Storm Engine.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bustedgears

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I have a stock gs storm, and the engine feels like it has very little compression. I think it's starting to get worn out, but, after break in, Does this engine generally have alot of compression?

anyone? come on, this is a popular buggy

can you tell the difference between "Mechanical pinch" and Compression....you should always have compression but alot of people think the pinch is the compression....that will lessen but if it happened right after break in, that sounds like a problem to me......I usually still have pinch after 2 to 3 gallons.....

To put it into usable word:
Its like the difference between a 18 yo and a tight M.I.L.F.

FastEddy said:
To put it into usable word:
Its like the difference between a 18 yo and a tight M.I.L.F.

It's neither, If you pull it slowly, you can't even feel it tighten up.

How much fuel has gone through it?
If it's just been broken in it's done....you F'd it up somewhere along the line....you can probably just get a pinch and it will run well......

I got the buggy second-hand. I have no idea how much fuel has been through it, but the guy "claims" that he only ran half a gallon through it, AND it was used when he bought it from the LHS.

Why did you buy a used used used buggy? Only a half gallon its should still be really tight. Maybe he only used a half gallon but someone else used 7 gallons before him.

That's what I was saying, there's no telling how much fuel has gone through the engine. It runs like poo, and hopefully I'll have a new engine on it in a week.

OK good luck with your new engine. Hope you get out and burn some nitro soon.

YEP it's done...never trust third hand info on electronics or engines.....

Well, I'm getting a new engine from NitroROCKS and he's getting my wheels/tires/hubs for it. It's a pretty good exchange. I'll be dropping in an HPI .25. Much more power.

Back