GS Storm Comeback? (Split discussion)

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

HumboldtBlazer

RCTalk VIP
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
CorradoPsi said:
sorry your big words and presumed experience with such alloys do not impress me.

Nor does your ignorance of the use of capitals or your total disregard for paragraph structure. Let’s not talk about spelling. So I suggest before you throw your stones get yours in order.

CorradoPsi said:
I've worked with and or spoken with people (as in the guy working right next to me) that have worked with every alloy you've listed. i used to do military/gov't work at past jobs, now all medical machining. at this point in time a titainium alloy is the best solution for a light strong RC car, with aluminum coming in second.

This one kills me, he sits next to a guy at work and all the sudden you know everything about all the available metals and nothing ever new comes out that the public doesn’t know about, yeah that never ever happens.

CorradoPsi said:
i gave humbolt a ribbing in another thread, no need to continue it here.

Seems you are continuing though. It would seem to me lately you like to follow me around the forum and crack your jokes. I think you are your own biggest fan. Trying to ride someone’s coat tales to gain a little notoriety? What is hilarious to me is you buy one buggy, build it, and now you are an expert!(As far as I have seen) LMAO! Well until you next hilarious comment..........

Last edited:
HumboldtBlazer said:
Nor does your ignorance of the use of capitals or your total disregard for paragraph structure. Let’s not talk about spelling. So I suggest before you throw your stones get yours in order.

i could care less about spelling or sentence and paragraph structure. i wasn't aware this was english class. you seem to have understood well enough.

HumboldtBlazer said:
This one kills me, he sits next to a guy at work and all the sudden you know everything about all the available metals and nothing ever new comes out that the public doesn’t know about, yeah that never ever happens.

I'm a machinist. i used to do work for the military and now make parts for the medical field, specifically opthomalic surgical instruments. these are the 2 largest consumers of exotic materials. so yes, i know a thing or 2 about most of them. no, not all, but a darn good percentage of them. so i stated that if i didnt work with the material personally, i asked a fellow machinist i was working with what he thought of it. where is the problem with that? far be it from me, to wonder about taking scraps from work to make new parts for my RC car out of the best materials possible.

HumboldtBlazer said:
Seems you are continuing though. It would seem to me lately you like to follow me around the forum and crack your jokes. I think you are your own biggest fan. Trying to ride someone’s coat tales to gain a little notoriety? What is hilarious to me is you buy one buggy, build it, and now you are an expert!(As far as I have seen) LMAO! Well until you next hilarious comment..........

my remark was directed to lumpy, not you. hence the reason for me quoting him. if you feel that I'm following you to post jokes your wrong. if i find the opportunity to make one while reading a thread, i wont pass it up. if your offended I'm sorry, but i will not change.

{paragraph usage for humboldt's sake}
i do not need coat tails to ride. certainly not the tails of someone who takes the world so seriously that they cannot laugh at themselves. I've appologized to you now on more than 1 occasion, if you cannot accept that, its not my problem.

at what point did i claim to be an expert? most people are on here to ask questions because they need help. if i feel i know the answer, I'm going to try to help them. I've been in this hobby for a total of 8 years now. i took a break about 6 years ago and got back in 3 years later. if thats not enough time to be experienced enough to help someone, then i dont know what is.

this is the end of my hilarious comment. hope your laughing by now.

LMAO,this is too good.................

CorradoPsi said:
{paragraph usage for humboldt's sake}
i do not need coat tails to ride. certainly not the tails of someone who takes the world so seriously that they cannot laugh at themselves. I've appologized to you now on more than 1 occasion, if you cannot accept that, its not my problem.

1. You have never apologized or I have never seen it, and for what? I don't need one.

2. Ask anyone who knows me, I laugh at myself all the time, your just not funny..........

read your thread about the new GS buggy not the avenger again.

CorradoPsi said:
my remark was directed to lumpy, not you. hence the reason for me quoting him. if you feel that I'm following you to post jokes your wrong. if i find the opportunity to make one while reading a thread, i wont pass it up. if your offended I'm sorry, but i will not change.

the same humor doesn't affect everyone the same way, its a matter of opinion. if you dont think I'm funny, its your opinion and your entitled to it.

I've kept quiet about the whole thing, but you know its just getting old. PSI its really not funny. There is no need to flame on people because they post the info they get. If the letter in the Avenger thread is what HB got then thats it. The first few comments on that thread where funny, but after that it gets old. Its like beating a dead horse, nothing ever comes of it. Just drop it.

I'm trying to. i made a comment in that thread. and i replied to lumpys comment in this thread. I'm not trying to beat a dead horse. i tried to inform people about different materials and the likelyhood that GS really was using "black market" material. maybe i did go about it the wrong way. and now that seems to be resulting in a personal contest between HB and myself. I'm not happy about it, I'm sure he isnt either.

HB, if you would like to continue. id be more than happy to resolve this in PM.

No need to continue anything, there was never any "contest".

I do believe PSI was calling out LUMPY and HIS information. Dont know why people dont see this. As for beating a dead horse,I know he's not "into" that sort of thing. A live horse..........hmmmmmmmmmmm???????

I know this discussion is pretty much at an end, but the original thread did not need this debate in it.

Since, no real flames were laid the discussion has not been moved to the FFA section...but I would ask that in the future such debates take place elsewhere. Note, this is directed more at CorradoPSI than my peer, HB. Post your info and leave it at that. If you have some factual information (not hearsay regardless of your experience,) then post it and back it up. That will stop any semblance of the "mine's bigger than yours" discussion that seemed to be going on.

HB posted his e-mail from GS. That does not mean he is claiming expertise; he is simply posting what he received from them. If they are blowing smoke, then kick them not HB.

As for calling out some-one, I'd be really careful about where you go with your discussion of materials and such. You might find that there are much bigger fish that have a lot more experience than that of a machinist in the fields you listed, Corrado. Just food for thought.

At any, rate. Feel free to continue this debate as need be. Just keep it clean. I know HB will.

SkyMaxx said:
I know this discussion is pretty much at an end, but the original thread did not need this debate in it.

Since, no real flames were laid the discussion has not been moved to the FFA section...but I would ask that in the future such debates take place elsewhere. Note, this is directed more at CorradoPSI than my peer, HB. Post your info and leave it at that. If you have some factual information (not hearsay regardless of your experience,) then post it and back it up. That will stop any semblance of the "mine's bigger than yours" discussion that seemed to be going on.

HB posted his e-mail from GS. That does not mean he is claiming expertise; he is simply posting what he received from them. If they are blowing smoke, then kick them not HB.

As for calling out some-one, I'd be really careful about where you go with your discussion of materials and such. You might find that there are much bigger fish that have a lot more experience than that of a machinist in the fields you listed, Corrado. Just food for thought.

At any, rate. Feel free to continue this debate as need be. Just keep it clean. I know HB will.

I can see where you are coming from, but PSI said nothing to HB in this thread till HB said something to him. Someone(lumpy) brought up that there are metals out there "most of us have never heard of" that could be used on the new GS buggy. I will call lumpy out then.For all the matl's he name dropped,NONE are close to cost effective to use.PEROID. I have been in the field 15years;worked with many plastics,composites for arospace,and metals/plastics for medical field,and and that does not mean I have worked with or know every possibile matl. BUT I do know 98% of whats out there and while some metals or plastics COULD be better in some areas,they would not be cost effictive. Nor would it be cost effective for GS to hire a crack team of metalurgists to brew something up. If i'm wrong,so be it,but I will have to be proven wrong(by GS) on this one. :2cents:

Trust me I would be the 1st one to nail PSI if I thought he was a little wrong :) but I dont think he is in this case,he just needed to use better tact in his reply.

Now,can't we all just get along???????? :jk:

Being that we are fellow Penn Staters, I'll credit your response with good logic. But the point of my post is that this discussion did not need to take place in the location that it did. No one likes to have their thread derailed; especially by this type of discussion.

:cheers: Agreed. Wife will be graduating in another year in Ele. Eng. from PSU.

SkyMaxx said:
But the point of my post is that this discussion did not need to take place in the location that it did. No one likes to have their thread derailed; especially by this type of discussion.

I heard that! Sky is the man! glad to see a moderator looking at the bigger picture.

All I can say is there WILL be more released publicy from other sources of what happened with the GS Avenger. We will all find out then what really happened. I could care less if I am proven wrong because as Sky put it, It isn't my story, I just leave an open mind and a little imagination for the possiblity that it can be. I full well could be having my leg pulled but my source has never steared me wrong on the news he has given me from GS in the past. Let's see where did you all find out there was even going to be an Avenger? Or even another 1/8th buggy in the works from GS? Oh yeah it was from MY source through me to all of you.

I fully understood who Corrado was addressing in the first part of your post, no need to keep pointing that part out.

ok, i'm lost. whats up w/GSs buggies?

-Ult

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back