Ground clearance AND stability?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glitch

RCTalk Qualifier
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
My sister is looking into joining the hobby and she was thinking of getting something that allows her to do large jumps, mud, etc. She said she would like something with a little more ground clearance than my Vorteks so I immediately started looking at other arrma trucks (love the vorteks) but judging from the pictures and videos online it seems like the ground clearance might not be quite enough. What do you guys think? I may take a trip to a hobby shop to try them out but would like to know if you guys think any other arrma trucks (Big Rock, Granite) would be suitable for her desire to drive on any terrain?
Thanks

Edit: I probably should have put this in monster trucks, sorry

Any MT will have plenty of ground clearance. The granite and BR included. But it won't handle anywhere close to something low slung like a stadium truck or SCT. A shorter wheelbase (Granite) will be better for flips and wheelies, longer wheelbase for stability on rougher terrain.

Look into a carisma coyote 4x4 trail crawler they are pretty snappy out the box swap a 12 turn motor and wooooooobuddy . I had to replace the tires after a few 45c2s runs
Its managable with a 30c2s

Rival MT10...the thing is ridiculously tough and handles much better than physics should allow. Plus, a center diff instead of the obscenely terrible Arrma slipper & power module design.

My sister is looking into joining the hobby and she was thinking of getting something that allows her to do large jumps, mud, etc. She said she would like something with a little more ground clearance than my Vorteks so I immediately started looking at other arrma trucks (love the vorteks) but judging from the pictures and videos online it seems like the ground clearance might not be quite enough. What do you guys think? I may take a trip to a hobby shop to try them out but would like to know if you guys think any other arrma trucks (Big Rock, Granite) would be suitable for her desire to drive on any terrain?
Thanks

Edit: I probably should have put this in monster trucks, sorry
Welcome. To RCT. Bud. Glad to see more girls getting into the hobby. My 13yr old daughter loves her merv. 1/16 revo.
It really comes down to what's your budget. Want 1/10 ,1/8, First you want to check for part availability. On any rc you are seriously looking at. The arrma line is a good starting point. Also got traxxas RC's they have parts galore. Also can look at the associated revival. Redcat also have good starter rc's... there's alot to choose from. First pick a budget you can end up falling down a very deep rabbit hole. You want to look at some of the truggies..they have good point from both of what your looking for.. the more clearance the less stability there will be. Can fix that with playing with the shocks. And good throttle control. Stunts and jumps. Can be accomplished with any RC. That is all about throttle control and power and gearing...
Rival MT10...the thing is ridiculously tough and handles much better than physics should allow. Plus, a center diff instead of the obscenely terrible Arrma slipper & power module design.
Lol just mentioning that one my self. It's all going to come down to his budget. Can get really expensive fast😉.... as I'm sure you know😁👍

Back