Greetings From Panamá

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

El Pirata

RCTalk VIP
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hey there ya´ll. Things are great here. I´ve been here for 10 days more or less. I have shot over 4000 pics and will probably shoot another 2000 pics. I literally have walked through all of the ruins of Panama Viejo and San Lorenzo (weather permitting tomorrow all through Porto Belo) taking a pic about every step of the way and generally doing a 360 degree turn taking pics through the turn. I guess my logic of picture taking is that I´d rather take a pic now than to say back in the US, "I wish I would have taken a pic of that."

I arrived down here on the night of the 4th. From the time I stepped off the plane and smelled the country I knew it was like returning home again.

The entire traffic system has changed. Some of the two way streets in Panama City are now one ways. Others that used to be one ways are now open to two way traffic. I did find the intimate knowledge I had before I left of all of the side streets was immensely helpful in getting me lost big time.

After the first 24 hours in country I knew I would have a psychotic episode if I kept a hotel in Panama City so I moved to the El Camping Resort along the Transismica. The relaxed atmosphere, being on a ground floor and being out of the city were just what the doctor ordered.

Thus far in my trip I have hit a few tourist traps but have mostly been keeping myself at or near the Spanish ruins. I was planning on making a little trip into the Jungle tomorrow in search of the fabled other Gatun Trench, the one I found by mistake back in 95 or 96, but the plans of one of my traveling companions for tomorrow have changed so we´ll be going out on Sunday.

Now, like I stated earlier I´ll be heading to Porto Belo to take my pics I wanted to take today. Anyway, I´m leaving tomorrow morning at 5:30 so I can be there before the regular weekend routine kicks in. I plan on hitting San Geronimo first followed by Santiago then maybe catch a solo trip across the bay to San Fernando.

As soon as I get back from Panama I´ll write more in depth of my adventures. Hope everything is well with everyone up there.

Have a cool beans day. Ciao!

Sean P. Kelly