Greetings from Fort Worth, TX!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JohnP2

Gone - bye bye.
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hey all,

I'm fairly new to this hobby (about nine months in), but have become absolutely in LOVE with nitro rc cars.

Right now I am mainly a basher. I have the following vehicles:
1. Exceed Forza - My first nitro, which I have rebuilt sideways to Sunday. It's not that bad of a car as long as you keep it on road and are prepared to wrench on it after every outing. ;-)
2. OFNA Hyper 7 - Is it possible to break anything on this? Wow!
3. Losi 810 - My favorite vehicle. Definitely underrated.
4. Savage X 4.6 - The King of Bashers

I'm about to get into racing, and have the following on my list to get in the next six months:
1. D8T - I told Santa I can't wait until Xmas, so am going to order one of these next week. Looking for something I can race and bash, and also cuious about truggies in general, so will try this out. Gonna pop in a Werks B5/2013 pipe. The invest is not too much (compared with a Mugen), so feel this is a good "starter" truggy.
2. On-road car. I really want the XRay 808, but there are no tracks where I live to handle that type of class. Thus I'm going to get either a NT1 2012, or a GT car (as my track is big into GT) such as the Kyosho GT2. I LOVE on-road, but it's only so much fun without racing. ;-) I'll let Santa decide which of these I should get (and your opinions are appreciated as well!)
5. RC8.2 - I've wanted this buggy since day one in the hobby. However, I want to try both the truggy and on-road class until I invest in another buggy - but this is the one when I do. Until then, I'll race my 810, and it will hold its own no doubt.

Now that I have a taste of the true greatness these nitro machines are (and I LOVE wrenching on them), I'm ready to step it up an try my hand at racing. I'm sure I'll get spanked, but it will be fun regardless and I will get better and better - no doubt.

Thes best thing, however, that I love about "the hobby" is that I get to share it with my 12 year old son. He's becoming pretty savvy at working on these cars, and in all candor is a better driver than I am. Our best chance at winning any races is he driving and me being the pit guy.

FINALLY, As a shameless plug, you can see my YouTube channel here: http://www.youtube.com/user/mylittlepony to give you an idea of my brief journey in the hobby. I am still a rookie and look forward to learning many things from all you pros on here. :)

Last edited:
Hi,
It's a fun and very rewarding hobby.

Enjoy your time here!

Chas

Welcome to RCNT, friend. I hope you and your son have lots of fun in this awesome hobby we all love. Use all the wisdom here as your guide and don't forget to post pics! :D