Great Beginner Nitro RC Platform To Learn On

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is there any great nitro engine RC platform(s) out there that won't disappoint a person just starting out?
Nitro sport or nitro rustler come to mind. If your down for discontinued, Hpi nitro Rs4 is one of the cleanest 4wd. It's 2wd simple it's so clean.

Traxxas trx pro.15, hpi t15 are some of the easier to tune motors. Hpi I favor more then TRX.

I've been teaching my nephew how to work on his Revo 3.3 he has 5 or 6 of them.
Pretty simple to work on. You can find plenty on the used market, plus there is plenty of parts available.

I started with a Losi 8ight T Nitro truggy. I found it easy to get the hang of. I'd think the Losi nitro buggy would be easy as well. They are both RTR's so they don't have all the bells and whistles that kits have but they are great to start off with.

I started with a Losi 8ight T Nitro truggy. I found it easy to get the hang of. I'd think the Losi nitro buggy would be easy as well. They are both RTR's so they don't have all the bells and whistles that kits have but they are great to start off with.
I was gonna recommend the nitro stadium truck but thats long out of production as is the 3.4 it came with.

HSP pivot ball suspension line up.

Traxxas Slash Nitro, best value for money Traxxas Nitro. Amazing truck!

Last edited:
Man suggest something, what about an MP9 by Kyosho the radio is great and you get a lot more value for your buck.

But I must say this. The other brands are great but this comes to mind.

Try to MP9. I would suggest the the deal but it's like $100 more now that it was a year ago.