Clodbuster build thread.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
20210115_161641.jpg
20210115_162549.jpg
20210115_163134.jpg

@>BD you are killing me here. I can't believe there are still mods available for the Clodbuster truck. I can remember seeing in RCTalk and the old Tower Hobbies wish catalog pages of all kinds of mods, chassis kits and on and on.

Can't wait to see the finished product! :D

@>BD you are killing me here. I can't believe there are still mods available for the Clodbuster truck. I can remember seeing in RCTalk and the old Tower Hobbies wish catalog pages of all kinds of mods, chassis kits and on and on.

Cpe makes A LOT. They still make this vehicle so that is why there is a lot of modifications still because a lot of people are still buying them.

Crawford performance engineering still makes a lot of upgrades in parts and they have full carbon fibre chassis kits and a lot of them. They also have a bunch of aluminium chassis kits as well in a variety of styles.

Done posting build photos. It is now how I want it to be.
VideoCapture_20210117-185709.jpg
VideoCapture_20210117-185830.jpg
20210117_185857.jpg

So yesterday I was running it and a rock somehow perfectly got jammed in the rear motor by a stroke of bad luck and it tore up the insides and I'm waiting on a new motor from RC4WD that has the same ratings. I think the tire flung a rock up into the ventilation hole and it was just big enough to get in there.

A similar thing happen to the brand new HPI 15 turn motor I put on my Rustler. I was driving it up this Hill and it rolled backwards into some rabbit brush and a stick got in the ventilation hole.
20201117_114954.jpg

I got the motor working!

Here it is as of last Winter. This is the form that it is in right now. I removed a lot of the Chrome pieces for a more realistic look. Definitely has to be my favourite RC.
20210228_170546.jpg
20210228_171650.jpg

Back