Granite Brushless Intermittent Drive Issue

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Westgate720

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hi there,

I'm getting a fairly frequent intermittent drive issue with my brushless granite which I've been using for about 5 weeks. I have been recently jumping it quite a bit so not sure if thats caused an issue.

Typically after a roll over event, the truck will not drive, it makes the noise like it wants to, but the drive shift just barley moves, kind of twitches in forward. Reverse has no effect, and steering appears normal. After a few tries eventually it will work like normal until a light impact or roll over at which point it goes dead again.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

sounds like a going out esc...boards in esc are more than likely fractured (cracked or broken)

I would check the connections; open the radio box and check the receiver/ESC plug
Check the 3 wires motors connectors
Re-bind the the ESC.

Tactic 300? No receiver antenna.
Otherwise, check the antenna.

I would check the connections; open the radio box and check the receiver/ESC plug
Check the 3 wires motors connectors
Re-bind the the ESC.

Tactic 300? No receiver antenna.
Otherwise, check the antenna.
This is what it was! One of the three connectors needed to be flared out to make a better connection. She's ripping now!

Back