Got some Mip's on order!!!!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

theant

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
apy3eqaz.jpg

can't wait to get these babies installed! These are model 11104. These things look bomb-proof!! They better be good for $65 + tax!!!! I'll be putting them into my p2de. I know lots of guys suggest using the 4x4 hd shafts but they are still plastic and i wanted something that i will never have to think of again. I also ordered some yoke pins the 5145's so i think those will help. I will post up some pics when they are in.

Later

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I plan on getting some for my revo. Hope they withstand the power of a big block.

From what i hear, as long as you clean them really well, use loctite and use the yoke pins (TRA-5145) instead of the grub screws, they are virtually indestructible. All that will be needed to completely strengthen the drivetrain is some aluminum wheel hexes.

I run the MIP's on my 2wd wide pede, running on 3s power and the only issues I've had is the little ring clips they use to secure the pin that joins the stub axle to the CVD. I even used heat shrink to help keep them in place, but every now and then a stick or something will get in there, and it's game over till you install a new pin, ring clip, and heat shrink. That part of the CVD's is a poor design IMO, and threaded pins like Traxxas use in their center drivelines would have been a much better solution.

I plan on getting some for my revo. Hope they withstand the power of a big block.

They can withstand a mamba monster on 6s. Big block won't phase them.

Theant- just make sure to wipe off the excess loctite because it will make them sticky and not flex right..

Last edited:
They can withstand a mamba monster on 6s. Big block won't phase them.

Theant- just make sure to wipe off the excess loctite because it will make them sticky and not flex right..

Ya thats a good point!! I will be sure to go sparingly with the loctite.

Try some of the Loc-Tite stick. They last forever and don't have that sticky mess problem.

I'm wondering if any of you have ordered the very same x duty shafts (11104)? THe reason i ask is that the older version of the same part number had the pin thru axle for the hexes and now they are shipping them with the keyed axle and they come with the alum hexes and grub screws. The keyed axle would be great, but I'm not too sure whether or not i will get them or the older style axles. I ordered from my lhs. Just wonder what are the chances since mip came out with keyed axles in 2011.

Last edited:
6yjaru2a.jpg

Look what i picked up today at my lhs!! can't wait to get them in. These axles are heavy!!!!

They're definitely beefy. I put 2 sets on an emaxx before I traded it.

Glad i got the newer keyed axle/hexes. Those will last forever and i dont have to buy a separate set.

3yvajyqa.jpg
can anyone tell me where to put the fiber washer to shim and loosen things up on this?

de2y4uve.jpg
de7yhuga.jpg
unupatan.jpg
7e7apyba.jpg

Mip's installed!! I must say i am very impressed with the fit and finish of these axles.

I got mine and installed in my revo.
I was surprised at how much they weigh. definatly beefy.
2013-02-15_00-10-32_840_zps653023f1.gif

2013-02-15_00-47-36_421_zps9b578211.gif

I know right. Lots of splines and heavy metal.

From what i hear, as long as you clean them really well, use loctite and use the yoke pins (TRA-5145) instead of the grub screws, they are virtually indestructible. All that will be needed to completely strengthen the drivetrain is some aluminum wheel hexes.

anyone ever have problems with using the two grub screws? I was going to use the pins, but didn't because the pin isn't supported by anything since the threaded hole is a larger diameter than the pin.....

eje5u6es.jpg
this is the 5145 screw pin and the threads are larger than the shaft itself. The pin fits perfectly in the trans

anyone ever have problems with using the two grub screws? I was going to use the pins, but didn't because the pin isn't supported by anything since the threaded hole is a larger diameter than the pin.....

Apparently the grub screw can back themselves out after a while. One thing with the pin screw that i found is that the one on the pinion side rubs on the gear cover.

I'd figure out a way to put some sort of boot over that spline to keep grit/grime out of there. Nice looking axles. Do they make centers or just outers?

Do they make savage centers? :)

Back