Got my Tekno parts

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Revo Rancher

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Well, I ordered up two wing mounts and two servo mounts (need spares, eh!) from TeknoRC and got them last night.

Any tips on the wing mounts I should know about? I already plan to get a B4 or even the Vendetta style wing for it so it is narrow and behind the body in size.

For the servo mount I saw something recently that I think I will try first, and if it works I will detail the install.

get some pics of the servo mount install. i'm thinking about that mount for mine.

TS, I am actually thinking about mounting it up where the steering servo used to be. I have not had time to see if it will even remotely work. I plan to see tomorrow.

i just put my throttle servo up front... pics in the throttle thread a few down. i didnt use the teknoRC mod... i used little plastic posts... worked out very nice. very.

Yep, that's where I got he idea. I was going to give you credit for the idea if the Tekno mount worked with it.

RR, did you lower the roll bar and body mounts? That is the one thing I do not like with the Tekno wing mount. I lowered to the second line and thus lowered two holes on the body posts. If you use the Tekno wing mount you will have to raise it up one hole. Not that big a thing but I personally like the body lower.

I have not and do not plan to. The local track is real rough and any longer tracks might be better suited for lowering the ride height overall. I guess what I should do is buy a spare roll bar and try it, though.

I picked up a Thunder Tiger truggy wing for use with the Tekno mount.

Here they are at A main Hobbies.

Robmob, perfect. I have a local source for TTR parts, Ultimate, so it's an A+++ all around. Again, thanks!

no credit needed, i'm sure i'm not the first person to want that servo up there. after i took out reverse, i just couldnt see having that big bulky box there. i had done the single steering servo a long time ago... and i figured a servo was supposed to go there... sooooo. haha. keep us up to date on how that teknoRC install goes. i'm sure you'll be able to get it in there. i used plastruct tubing to mount mine. later,

~Mal

Mallagna, how is that Plastruct doing in that purpose? I use Plastruct in my other hobby, model trains, and I know it is pretty brittle compared to a lot of the plastics used for R/C's.

please, don't strain yourself, call me Mal :vampire: . i'm only using 1/2" sections of 1/4 stoc, and with them in compression, i think they'll hold up just fine.

p20400016kh.jpg

i havn't actually driven it since all this work (many more projects on the table too) but i imagine it will hold up good. the servo is in place tight, i can't wiggle it at ALL. solid. i was thinking about using a metal tubing at first, but when i found the plastruct, i was sold. 1/8" inner diameter - perfect for the screws i used (the screws from the shock mounts). all in all, a good show :thankyou:. haha. take it easy.

Mal, sorry, was typing fast when I did your name.

Plastruct also sells round stock, and round wold actually be structurally stronger for a given diameter and wall thickness. If you end with problems with the square stock you used try round next.

Back