Got my kids their first 1/10 rc cars today.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RetroKevin

Bashing is a way of life!
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
So today is my oldest 8th birthday. She has already had a 1/18 ecx torment for a couple months. She already outgrown it so I've been trying to upgrade it. But parts are hard to come by.

I figured I'd gift her (and her younger sister, she's 5) with something a bit easier to work on and find parts for.

Today they got to play with their own brand new Redcat Volcano EPX! They decorated them with a bunch of stickers. After we took them out to our local park for some bashing!

I don't have any video of them doing it because I don't like posting pics of my kids online.

But here's a picture of them charging in their rooms.

20210814_183839.jpg

20210814_183911.jpg

They were pretty excited to have their own RCs.

My 8yo got the hang of it right away and the NiMH battery didn't last long because she was going all out.

My 5yo had a bit more trouble, not having the practice as her sister. So she spent most the time just figuring out how to hold the transmitter, and getting used to the controls.

Honestly this was also a gift for myself 😆 I now have two more people to go bashing with!

So today is my oldest 8th birthday. She has already had a 1/18 ecx torment for a couple months. She already outgrown it so I've been trying to upgrade it. But parts are hard to come by.

I figured I'd gift her (and her younger sister, she's 5) with something a bit easier to work on and find parts for.

Today they got to play with their own brand new Redcat Volcano EPX! They decorated them with a bunch of stickers. After we took them out to our local park for some bashing!

I don't have any video of them doing it because I don't like posting pics of my kids online.

But here's a picture of them charging in their rooms.

View attachment 130876
View attachment 130877

They were pretty excited to have their own RCs.

My 8yo got the hang of it right away and the NiMH battery didn't last long because she was going all out.

My 5yo had a bit more trouble, not having the practice as her sister. So she spent most the time just figuring out how to hold the transmitter, and getting used to the controls.

Honestly this was also a gift for myself 😆 I now have two more people to go bashing with!
HAPPY 8th BIRTHDAY!!!! Oh man that's awesome.. glad they both enjoyed there gifts.. and glad you got some competition now out bashing... 😉👍👍

HAPPY 8th BIRTHDAY!!!! Oh man that's awesome.. glad they both enjoyed there gifts.. and glad you got some competition now out bashing... 😉👍👍
Best part is I already have a bunch of stock spare parts from mine that was upgraded. So if they break anything no biggie.
It's great getting the kids involved 😀
They've both been out a few times with me. But that was just with the 1/18. Now they feel more on dad's level 😀

Those memories will be worth more than the rcs were
Thanks, I'd like to think so. I try to include them in my hobbies as much as they want to. I'm not going to force them if they're not interested.

They both had a blast and can't wait to take them out tomorrow. They've even named them. 8yo named hers first "Speedy" after the DC character from Teen Titans Go. And "because it goes fast". After that my 5yo named hers Flash (yeah we're geeks 😆).

Was just looking through my pictures. Forgot to add my 5yo did this on accident but was very proud of it.

20210814_181540.jpg
I moved to get a different angle on the pic and she drove off. She realized what I was about to do and said she'd put it back by hand. Told her it's not the same so she spent the next few minutes trying to get it back naturally.

Back