Goolrc 60a esc flashing red

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nitro rc car

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I have a 60a esc from goolrc, and it has worked for a little while. But now, when I turn it on, the esc starts flashing red and I have no drive. Can someone help me?

Yeah, looks like no signal. Sometimes ESCs won't arm if the throttle is off; check throttle trim on your transmitter and set to zero if needed. You can also recalibrate the ESC. Google how.

I have a 60a esc from goolrc, and it has worked for a little while. But now, when I turn it on, the esc starts flashing red and I have no drive. Can someone help me?
Either the ESC needs to be reset, or it died. I have had a lot of that same ESC, and they always seem to fail when you least expect it to happen, and, when they do, its never in the same way, which is why i now stick strictly with Hobby Wing 60A ESC's. Some, it will flash red continuously, others will stop turning on, others will turn on, but have no power to the motor. I even had one that smoked itself, then worked for about 10 minutes the next day before catching on fire. What vehicle is it in, and what motor is it paired with?

Either the ESC needs to be reset, or it died. I have had a lot of that same ESC, and they always seem to fail when you least expect it to happen, and, when they do, its never in the same way, which is why i now stick strictly with Hobby Wing 60A ESC's. Some, it will flash red continuously, others will stop turning on, others will turn on, but have no power to the motor. I even had one that smoked itself, then worked for about 10 minutes the next day before catching on fire. What vehicle is it in, and what motor is it paired with?
I have heard of the goolrc motor’s catching on fire and currently have it installed in my Ecx amp. The receiver and controller I am using are the Traxxas too. I have not had a problem using them until I just changed the receiver. Don’t know if that could be the issue. It has the goolrc 4300 kv motor
Yeah, looks like no signal. Sometimes ESCs won't arm if the throttle is off; check throttle trim on your transmitter and set to zero if needed. You can also recalibrate the ESC. Google how.
The only problem with trying to recalibrate the esc is that I can’t find a video showing how. Mine doesn’t have a set button and if I hold it at full throttle before I turn it on, it will just beep rapidly.

Last edited:
I have heard of the goolrc motor’s catching on fire and currently have it installed in my Ecx amp. The receiver and controller I am using are the Traxxas too. I have not had a problem using them until I just changed the receiver. Don’t know if that could be the issue. It has the goolrc 4300 kv motor

The only problem with trying to recalibrate the esc is that I can’t find a video showing how. Mine doesn’t have a set button and if I hold it at full throttle before I turn it on, it will just beep rapidly.
You changed the receiver, and then it acted up? If that is the case, it needs to be recalibrated, and, if you dont have a set button, then you get to play musical notes to calibrate it. To calibrate it, hold the throttle all the way forward, with the radio on and the ESC off, then, turn on the ESC, and once it beeps, let the throttle go to neutral. It should beep twice, and, after it does that, it will be calibrated, so, then turn off the ESC, turn it back on, and see if it works. For the rest of the programming, your best bet is get a program card, because doing it by the tones, or what GoolRC calls musical notes, is an absolute nightmare.

I have never had a GoolRC motor catch on fire, and i run them on 2S and 3S quite often. I have had a GoolRC ESC catch on fire though. This is (was, until the fire) my Slash with a GoolRC 3650 4300KV motor, and HW WP-10BL60 ESC:
As you can see, I'm hard on my stuff, and i have yet to have a cheap brushless motor catch on fire.

You changed the receiver, and then it acted up? If that is the case, it needs to be recalibrated, and, if you dont have a set button, then you get to play musical notes to calibrate it. To calibrate it, hold the throttle all the way forward, with the radio on and the ESC off, then, turn on the ESC, and once it beeps, let the throttle go to neutral. It should beep twice, and, after it does that, it will be calibrated, so, then turn off the ESC, turn it back on, and see if it works. For the rest of the programming, your best bet is get a program card, because doing it by the tones, or what GoolRC calls musical notes, is an absolute nightmare.

I have never had a GoolRC motor catch on fire, and i run them on 2S and 3S quite often. I have had a GoolRC ESC catch on fire though. This is (was, until the fire) my Slash with a GoolRC 3650 4300KV motor, and HW WP-10BL60 ESC:
As you can see, I'm hard on my stuff, and i have yet to have a cheap brushless motor catch on fire.
I still couldn’t get that to work, because if I hold the throttle before turning it on then when I turn it on it beeps rapidly and if I let go, connects to the motor. If I leave it on then the motor will start spinning on its own.

I still couldn’t get that to work, because if I hold the throttle before turning it on then when I turn it on it beeps rapidly and if I let go, connects to the motor. If I leave it on then the motor will start spinning on its own.
Can you post a pic of it, including the power button? I want to see which one it is, since there are actually a couple different versions of it.

Can you post a pic of it, including the power button? I want to see which one it is, since there are actually a couple different versions of it.
Yep here you go

image.jpg

Yeah the problem is that if I do that what the guy did in the second video, the esc would just continuously beep and if I put it in neutral then it would just connect to the motor.

So, with the throttle in neutral, the motor just spins? Is the throttle trim on the radio at 0, or centered? Make sure the two knobs i circled in the pic are at 0 before trying to calibrate anything. If yours isnt the TQI in the pic, just look for the knob that says throttle trim, and make sure it is at dead center.

6509X-TQi-BT-Transmitter-2Ch_m.jpg

So, with the throttle in neutral, the motor just spins? Is the throttle trim on the radio at 0, or centered? Make sure the two knobs i circled in the pic are at 0 before trying to calibrate anything. If yours isnt the TQI in the pic, just look for the knob that says throttle trim, and make sure it is at dead center.

View attachment 151044
I have a tq controller and it only has a servo trim. I don’t know what I did but I threw in a Lipo and now it works. I’m so confused lol.

I hope it keeps working! Didn't see that coming. Sometimes ya just gotta roll with it. :thumbs-up: I would still double check for loose connections.

Back