good steering servo

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jman214

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
I have a redcat racing avalanche 1/8th scale truck. What is a good steering servo that won't break the bank.

I'll probably get flamed for this, but check out Tactic. I can't recall the part number but they have some good specs.

Anything in your budget from Savox, Hi-Tec and Alturn as well as a few other brands. I'd recommend a slower, higher torque metal geared for the steering and a faster, metal geared lower torque for the throttle.

Anything in your budget from Savox, Hi-Tec and Alturn as well as a few other brands. I'd recommend a slower, higher torque metal geared for the steering and a faster, metal geared lower torque for the throttle.
Unless you need a twitchy fast servo for an onroad race car like 1/12 scale pan car.

I have a redcat racing avalanche 1/8th scale truck. What is a good steering servo that won't break the bank.

Hitec makes nice servo's, but between the two I would probably go with the Savox SW-0231MG servo myself. It's faster, provides more torque, waterproof and about the same price as well.

I'll probably get flamed for this, but check out Tactic. I can't recall the part number but they have some good specs.

No need for flaming for giving your opinion. I have used Tactic radio gear a couple times on my fathers Axial and for his needs the radio works just fine. It's a good inexpensive alternative, speaking of which I've seen a couple of people buying the MG996R servo. It's faster than the Hitec as well and about the same torque as well. All for literally a couple bucks.

I was checking that brand out for my MERV. Can't remember why I didn't pull the trigger...

Woodie do you know what size horn this takes ?