Good radios for beginners

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vini_itu

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hello everybody,

Take in some forums to ask for personal radios simple, good and cheap decided to make this topic, which show two great options of 2.4GHz Radio basics, but can be used from models 1/18 scale models 1/5. Can also be used on boats and speedboats.

Option 1:
2 Channels
Transmitter GT-2 2.4GHz 2-channel:

HK-GT2.jpg

Internacional Warehouse:
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewitem.asp?idproduct=10608&aff=585304

Usa Warehouse:
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewitem.asp?idproduct=15141&aff=585304

Technical data:
Models for Cars and Boats.
Channels: 2
Modulation: GFSK
Entry DSC: Yes (3.5mm)
Road charger: Yes
Weight: 328g
Antenna length: 26mm
Size: 159 x 99 x 315mm

Features:
- Radio extremely "versatile", serving from mini automodel until automodel scale 1/5, works with models Electrical, Glow or Gasoline.
- Radio with basic adjustments such as steering trim (Direction) and Throttle Trim (Acceleration), reverse direction and acceleration (Channel 1 and 2), with radio function Fail Safe, buttons protected by a cap, which prevents the "bump" unconfigure the buttons and the radio
- 2.4GHz Radio, virtually interference free, I have a model, and even near electronic devices such as cordless phones, cell phones, did not show any interference
- Radio does not store configuration of other models, the only bad point in my opinion, you can not adjust a model of it and save the configuration and then use another model with different configuration. Each time you use a different model is needed to regulate it, of course if you think it needs adjustments.
- Radio with only 2 channels in this course, you can not use it in some models that require channel 3.
- Radio with DSC input to the simulator, and is therefore compatible with the VRC, cable sold separately

Included:
Radio Transmitter 2 channels
3-channel receiver
Manual
Bind Plug

Need:
8 AA 1.5v

Option 2:
Channels 3
Transmitter (Radio) HK-300 3-channel 2.4GHz FHSS

HK-300Y.jpg

Internacional Warehouse:
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewitem.asp?idproduct=12177&aff=585304

Technical data:
Models for Cars and Boats.
Channels: 3
Modulation: FHSS
Road charger: Yes

features:
- Radio with 3 channels, thus serving all the automodelos and boats for sale on the market.
- Radio with basic adjustments such as steering trim (Direction) and Throttle Trim (Acceleration), reverse direction and acceleration (Channel 1 and 2), Fail Safe function with radio, among other adjustments.
- 2.4GHz Radio, virtually interference free
- Radio does not have "memory", ie you can not store models and different settings for each model.

included:
Radio Transmitter 3 channels
3-channel receiver
manual
Bind plug

Need:
8 AA 1.5v

Note:
-Before elaborating the topics that did or will do, I always take into consideration the opinion of many people, so always read testimonials from people who own the products, never will take into consideration only my opinion: wink:
The link-posted product is affiliated, or if someone buy the product using it I earn a small percentage for having made the topic, the percentage is 5% of the product value.

I hope you enjoyed, soon new topics.

My personal choice that I like to use is the FlySky GT3B. I use one on all my bashing kits. The TX comes with 1 RX for $40 and additional RXs are $7.50 ea. It has 10 model memory and there are several mods you can do to it to make it an even better radio including but not limited to flashing 3rd party firmware to it to give it more functionality than it has from the factory. You can mod it to use 2200mah lipos so its lighter in weight and lasts forever on a single battery. You can also replace the bushing behind the steering wheel with a bearing to make it turn more smoothly. Not that it isnt ok on its own for what it is. A budget TX/RX :)

Hi do u still have that radio transmitter 3ch one if so how much is it.

I am a GT3B fan as well. But, the HK300 listed as option two, is a great radio for the price too. I bought it for my dad two years ago and its had zero trouble and is easy to use.