good racer?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alexb7109

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
i am in between three different choices for racing at my lhs which has a carpet track. do i get a losi mini late model, team associated 18t, or team associated rc10t4?

ok.... my lhs has a class for those but i really like the looks of the mini late model. is it also durable and easy to maintain?

Losi rigs in general are tough as nails. The Late Model looks like a tough car and comes with top-notch radio gear.

thats whats got me sold on it right now. i found a rolling rc10t4 chassis for $75 at my lhs. it just needs servos motor and esc. good deal or not?

Not a bad deal considering that a new Team Addition will set you back $169.99. Is the roller at your LHS new?

it looks lightly used but everything is clean and spins freely. this might sound stupid but do i need a throttle servo for it?

no need for throttle servos in electric vehicles. The ESC (speed control) takes care of that and brakes.

ok. the t4 is out. so its either the 18t or the mini late model. which one is easier to upgrade/ work on and has any advantage.

One is a stadium truck and the other a car chassis so there really is no comparing the two. Depends on what class you want to run and what you want your rig to do.

Last edited:
at my lhs we have a carpet oval but both of these trucks have a class. i also do a little bit of bashing but since i broke my maxx off of a jump off a house I'm not going to be doing extreme bashing

If you want to use your rig for indoor racing and a little outdoor off-road bashing go for the 18T. If you want on-road only go with the Late Model. Just depends on your taste!

ok thanks for the help. what about a battery and charger

i was thinkin lipo for the 18t. i settled on that since i race and bash. I'm lookin to get out of this for less than 400 bucks

will it run it with the tekin mini rage brushless system with esc?

I don't see why it won't.

But you will have WAY over $400 in it by the time you get the rig, BL system, batteries, and charger...

thats what i was worried about

Back