good LiPo charger

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

novak

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
can I get some advice : I want to buy a good charger/balancer compatible to charge 3S LiPo batteries and also compatible with TRA plug connectors - any suggestion ?

Is for example Trinity a good charger brand ?

And what about a good brand for LiPo batteries ?

thanks.

If you're looking for something to charge your LiPo's as well as NiCd or NiMH, you might want to consider the Duratrax Ice or the Great Planes/Electrifly Triton. They're pretty much identical. The only difference that I know of is that the Triton can charge gel cell starter box batteries. I have the Ice and I really like it.

If you really want a high quality battery charger that will charge and balance at the same time, check out the Hyperion. It is used buy one of our top electrical gurus, and by some of the veterans on here. It's so nice that it balances while charging, and it's priced very reasonable for the quality. Here's the one I got.

http://www.maxamps.com/EOS0606i-AC-DC.htm

It's very easy to use, easy to program. One of the big features for me is that you don't have to have a seperate power supply to use it.

I have a Hyperion and also the Checkpoint charger. Both are quality units and are easy to use.

The Checkpoint, Ice and Triton are virtually the same except the Checkpoint adds the motor break-in feature and a back light.

I have a Hyperion and also the Checkpoint charger. Both are quality units and are easy to use.

The Checkpoint, Ice and Triton are virtually the same except the Checkpoint adds the motor break-in feature and a back light.

The ice also has motor break-in feature, I have one as well and its a great charger, would have bought the checkpoint but didn't have the extra cash at the time, the checkpoint also adds a extra cooling fan...the hyperion also sound like a good charger as well kind of nice not needing a power supply, thank god I already had one...

Well thats the chargers about covered.. For batteries the Maxamps are good, and my personal favourite is Flightpower, BIG fan.

If you really want a high quality battery charger that will charge and balance at the same time, check out the Hyperion. It is used buy one of our top electrical gurus, and by some of the veterans on here. It's so nice that it balances while charging, and it's priced very reasonable for the quality. Here's the one I got.

http://www.maxamps.com/EOS0606i-AC-DC.htm

It's very easy to use, easy to program. One of the big features for me is that you don't have to have a seperate power supply to use it.

same one i have. i find it runs a little hot but works great anyway

hmm, mine doesn't even get warm when charging at 6 amps LiPo, but I don't know about nimh or nicd, haven't used it a lot for that. One thing that REALLY surprised me was the way that the LiPo batteries don't even get a slight bit warm to the touch, you really have to try hard to tell the difference in them and room temperature.

really? mine gets pretty dang hot when charging my 2S 6000Hv pack
i put a fan on it now to keep it cool.

i have a duratrax ICE charger. works great. and not a killer on the budget =]

I love my Hyperion! It will charge pretty much any battery you have.

Back