Good Brushless Motor And Esc under $100

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wouldnt buy it personally. Id spend the extra money and get a Castle Sidewinder combo or at least get a Hobbywing combo if you're going to go for the $100 price point.

HW ESC
HW Motor

what do you think about this onyx one? its cheap most likely a temporary motor for the slash enless i build a new car https://www.amainhobbies.com/onyx-1-10-4pole-brushless-esc-motor-combo-3000kv-w-ec3-onxs0500/p984892
Hey Addict,
For the performance you demand out of your Slash, think you'll be disappointed if you buy this. 3000 Kv puts it only slightly more powerful than a 17.5T stock motor. For example, my Maclan 17.5T has a bench rating of 2850 Kv. My 2cents. For what it's worth. 'AC'

I wouldnt buy it personally. Id spend the extra money and get a Castle Sidewinder combo or at least get a Hobbywing combo if you're going to go for the $100 price point.

HW ESC
HW Motor
I agree , if your going to spend a hundred get the hobby wing.. I have the 120a esc in another one of my drag cars.. handling running a 4.5 motor with no issues..
Hey Addict,
For the performance you demand out of your Slash, think you'll be disappointed if you buy this. 3000 Kv puts it only slightly more powerful than a 17.5T stock motor. For example, my Maclan 17.5T has a bench rating of 2850 Kv. My 2cents. For what it's worth. 'AC'
That was my thoughts on the 3000kv also..

ok if i wanted could i do this?
Motor
ESC
then buy another 3s lipo so it would run a 1/8 motor and esc in a custom speedrun build thats 1/10 should i do this?
or in the slash instead of a castle can i run a 2s and 3s together? or does it have to be 2 2s or 2 3s?

ok if i wanted could i do this?
Motor
ESC
then buy another 3s lipo so it would run a 1/8 motor and esc in a custom speedrun build thats 1/10 should i do this?
or in the slash instead of a castle can i run a 2s and 3s together? or does it have to be 2 2s or 2 3s?
That motor is massive (Suitable for a 1/5th scale), stick with a name brand ESC and get a 2850kv-ish rocket/surpass motor.

Just buy the hobbywing combo. Its around $110 total and its well suited for a 2WD Slash.

Back