goin 1/10th scale!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kyosho138

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
:radio: goin 1/10th scale guys... tell me what i need to know before i find out the hard way... anything will be apreciated but I'm not new so dont go with basic stuff :smoke: i just wanna get the crazy stuff outa the way

You haven't given us much to go on, but here's my two cents worth.

I'd go for the Associated RC10GT Factory Team Kit, an O.S. 12CV-R, and something like the Hitec Aggressor SRX/CRX with a pair of 925MG servos.

The RC10GT has got to be the best supported truck on the market (I know this from bitter experience, I bought my son an HPI Rush), both hop-up and information wise. The O.S. 12CV-R is a good solid engine, not THE quickest, but very reliable and holds a tune well. Match that up to a decent FM radio and some good servos and you'll have a good solid package.

The reason I'd go for the top-of-the-line kit is because it's cheaper this way than buying a budget kit and upgrading at a later date.

Last edited:
team losi xxx-nt or a rc10gt

either trucks you can't go wrong

losi doesn't have many upgrades but they really arent needed

Rc10gt has so many hop ups and it is a great racing truck. I don't race, but my friends have with theirs, and they said it rules the track. I just bash mine, but it is anything but stock. With an Ofna Hyper-8-port .21 and tons of RPM and aluminum stuff, it rules!!! I have yet to radar it.

not askin for a car.. I'm going with the AD2.. i was talking about in general what stupid mistakes not to make...

One suggestion might be when posting threads on a forum to make sure you clearly state what it is you are trying to communicate. :smoke:

kyosho138 said:
not askin for a car.. I'm going with the AD2.. i was talking about in general what stupid mistakes not to make...

Don't Crash... :hammer:

LOL What are you looking for? Have you raced before? If so its all pretty much the same. Oh yeah like he said,dont crash. The Drakes were a fragile truck,hopefully they have taken care of some durability issues. If this is your 1st time at the track,remember graphite tends to blow apart on some good hits.

ad2 is beefed up.. one thing I'm gunna have to get used to is i can beat it like my buggy.. usualy there area few things you dont wanna do thats are just plane stupid just makin sure theres nothin in 1/10th scale that I'm just not aware of...ill talk to adam if i run into him hes at my local track a lotbut i just gotta somehow run into him haha everyone has really so thanks for the help i guess guys haha anyone race revelation raceway?