God, This Weather Sucks

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RobH

Gone - bye bye.
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
With all this rain and knowing fall and cold tempuratures not far away, I can't help but wonder if our summer has come and gone. :(

Has anyone else on the eastcoast had thier nitro addiction cut short by the rescent wet weather?

The only thing that has been cutting into my nitro addiction is work. Luckily I just finished another big project so that should free up some time. I need another vacation. :)

you could always live in Florida and have this to look forward to:

595isabel-med.jpg

Rain Snow Sleet or Hail, If you ain't going to drive it, Take up Knitting.:D

You won't have to worry about that storm NA. According to the weather guru's this morning Isabel more north than west. They are predicting it is going to hit land at NC. I would imagine you might see a little bit of rain from that storm.

i know - just to show what we deal with here every year in FL. Went surfing this weekend, waves already up to 6feet, supposed to be 12feet by tomorrow, and 16feet by Weds!

Originally posted by FastEddy
Rain Snow Sleet or Hail, If you ain't going to drive it, Take up Knitting.:D

Saw that the first time Ed.

If I was really board, I might suit up in a drive in the snow. Waterproofing has been on my to-do list for a long time anyway. The rain, however, is a bitch. How many of you would be out there in a pancho, holding your pistol grip radio while the rain beat down on you? not me.

I've been there! lol - we have a club race every thursday night, and a few months ago, we went 7 thursdays in a row of rain. couldnt take it any more, went anyway, there were like 3-4 of us in rain gear, driving for about 10 minutes before all the cars quit running, lol

HA you guys think your weather is bad..COME TO CANADA..Its snowing here.we got about 3-4 inches today..getting even more tomorrow..but then its going to be melting on thursday.

I love to run in the rain.
Put on the slicks and practice power sliding and drifting.
If you never practice it you wont instinctively know what to do.
Just keep practicing over and over again until you dont need to think about it.

One word Ed, Playstation2, and the key to learning the drift, Gran Tourismo 3. Yeah, it's getting long in the tooth, but it's a great tool to learn drifting. Kind of like Real Flight G2 and learnign to fly, it aint the real thing, but it'll get the point across.

Speaking of sims, does anyone have the Duratrax simulator? Is it a POS, or something half way decent?

POS! I took it back the first day I had it! TRASH!

RealFlight G2 kicks ass, but nothing on land. Not yet anyhow.....

I goofed on the last question, was it the old version or the new one?

Real Flight was cool, but the helis kind of stunk. I was trying to learn 3D on G2 and they just didn't fly anywhere near what the real ones do. The mass and inertia to power and blade flex was way off, not to mention the heading lock and throttle curves in 3D mode. It was fun to fly, but it was just too off for me. The planes were ok, but where RF G2 really stood out was the scenery.

Have you found anything better than RF G2? I keep looking.

I had the new version of the TRASH sim and it sucked IMO! GARBAGE!

No, but then again, I haven't been looking. I have seen other sims on tower, and the LHS that look promising, but I just don't need another flight sim.

Thanks for the tip on the DT sim though, I'll take that off the to get list.

Cound yourself blessed for that weather. At least you don't have Isabel bearing down on you in 12 - 24 hours.

Back