glue or no glue?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blurman18

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
should i glue my tires, what happens if i dont? the reason I'm asking this question is because i ripped on of my tires taking it off the rim when it was glued because i had a stripped wheel and wheel hex.

If you don't glue the tires to the rims, they will come off when you are running.

There are various methods to remove a glued tire from the rim. Boiling in water, heating in oven and debonder are the main methods that will work with varying degrees of success.

You could also see if there are any bead lock rims for the tire size you are using.

http://www.maximizerproducts.com/

Unless you're running beadlocks, you have to glue them. The wheel will just spin inside the tire if you don't. How did you remove the tire? Next time bake it, I get my oven up to 325-350 and throw the wheels and tire in and after about 30 min. I'll grab one and try working the bead free. If it doesn't come off, just throw it back in for a little while longer and try again, once they get up to the right temp the tires will come off nice and easy.

ok thanks guys

Back