Glow plug

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave20r84

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I got a t-maxx 3.3 had it out yesterday and it was running good had acouple of tanks out of it then its started to bog down and die, when i put the glow plug starter on it it'll fire up but as soon as i take it off it'll die now shud i just get a new plug or as any1 got any idea's plz

When the hsn is way too rich this can occur. Or when the glow plug starts to become worn out it will stop glowing as much as it did when it was new causing this issue as well. So i would remove the plug and test it with ignitor and see if it glows bright or dim. If dim then replace the plug. If bright then try leaning the hsn a little at a time till she fires up and idles after removing the ignitor.

well, I'm not sure but I would think that if it's getting hot enough to ignite and run the engine that the problem is probably not with the plug. Are you running too rich and it's more than the plug can burn? Are you letting the engine cool of before re-starting? If you have a new plug, change it and see if it makes a difference.

Also use the tuning guide and the beginning of the forum.
https://www.rcnitrotalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=60832

Last edited:
Hsn is set at 2 and half turns out and wen its running I'm still gettin a nice trail of smoke from the exhaust! Tested the plug and its glowin dim so gonna get new 1 and try it see how that goes