glow plug ignitor question..

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

r/c Kid

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
i just bought a basic cen glowplug ignitor and i was curious to how long should i let this thing charge and how long do they last on a full charge??? specs on it are...

D-SC 1800MAH 1.2V

the first night I charged mine overnight, then after that it says like 10 hours.

On mine I've used it probably about 20 times on a charge and it was still working just fine.

Charging at 1amp=1 hour per 100 MAH. In your case 1800MAH=18 hours from full dead. You can charge them at higher amp rates but I wouldn't recommend it.

Charging at 1amp=1 hour per 100 MAH. In your case 1800MAH=18 hours from full dead. You can charge them at higher amp rates but I wouldn't recommend it.

1 amp is 1000 milliamps. It'll take closer to around 2 hours at that charge rate.

If you aren't sure how long it will take, then put it on the charger and every so often go and check on it to see when the battery starts to get warm. Once it gets around 100*F then you should take it off the charger.

1 amp is 1000 milliamps. It'll take closer to around 2 hours at that charge rate.

If you aren't sure how long it will take, then put it on the charger and every so often go and check on it to see when the battery starts to get warm. Once it gets around 100*F then you should take it off the charger.

brain fart and put the decimal 1 over too far. 1000MAH is correct. 1.8 hours, not 18.

I need a nap.

It also depends on what your charger puts out. Did it come with a charger? What is the mah rating on the charger? They usually range from 100-300. Whatever that number is, divide 1800 by it and you will know your time needed.

During the summer when I run my rigs every weekend, I charge it up fully about once every other weekend. I have yet to have one go dead on me and I don't think mine are 1800mah. I think they are less, but I could be wrong. Cheapy NiCAD's.

Back