Glow plug burning out on power panel

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nazUK

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Hi Guys

I have a starter box with a power panel and never really used my ignitor plugged to the power panel to glow my plugs, until the other day, I'm running my starter off a lipo battery and even if I put the settings to low it will still blow my plug.

Is this normal when using lipo, I'm thinking the lipo may just give too many volts which is blowing it or do I just have a faulty panel, either way how can I fix this?

Thanks guys in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:
Have you checked the output voltage from the box at the end of the glow plug heater? It should be between 1.5 and 2.0 volts without a load. Anything higher will blow the glow plugs.

This is insane, Your doing something wrong, stop doing it.

This is insane, Your doing something wrong, stop doing it.

Ehhh?! :dumb:
Mate I haven't got a clue what you on about, explain yourself a bit more clearly?

Your question was most likely answered in your previous thread, your questions is most likely answered above. But hey I'll say it again. You have to much voltage going to your plug. What cell count is the LiPo you're using? Do you have any kind of voltage regulator involved here?

Your question was most likely answered in your previous thread, your questions is most likely answered above. But hey I'll say it again. You have to much voltage going to your plug. What cell count is the LiPo you're using? Do you have any kind of voltage regulator involved here?

Ok thought as much, I will explain myself again, I did mention why in the beginning of this post but if you notice "Rolex" edited it again.
My previous post was deleted by Rolex because he couldn't win an argument he started and felt the need the close the whole thread as it showed he was in the wrong and didn't like the fact everyone would see his true colours.
He told me to repost it because it was his way of getting back at me and very likely will edited this again because now he has a grudge against me.

I did apologise to everyone and thanked them for there opinions and advice as I'd still like to hear everyone's thought and maybe same problems.

One guy had to private message me as he couldn't post on my closed original thread as had the same problem with a 12V nicd battery.

So again apologies and keep posting

Ok thought as much, I will explain myself again, I did mention why in the beginning of this post but if you notice "Rolex" edited it again.
My previous post was deleted by Rolex because he couldn't win an argument he started and felt the need the close the whole thread as it showed he was in the wrong and didn't like the fact everyone would see his true colours.
He told me to repost it because it was his way of getting back at me and very likely will edited this again because now he has a grudge against me.

I did apologise to everyone and thanked them for there opinions and advice as I'd still like to hear everyone's thought and maybe same problems.

One guy had to private message me as he couldn't post on my closed original thread as had the same problem with a 12V nicd battery.

I doubt that he has a grudge against you, but you keep "trolling" him by bringing it up. Everyone has posted telling you that you're getting too much voltage to the plug and that you have to put a regulator in.

Sometimes you just have to grow up and swallow your pride man the post was deleted and that should have been the end of the situation. you ? has been answered multiple times by multiple members

---------- Post added at 1:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 1:01 PM ----------

and btw rolex knows how to take a joke just search a few threads people say stuff about him all the time and he just comes back with something witty and laughs about it.

I did mention why in the beginning of this post but if you notice "Rolex" edited it again.

What I edited out was another attempt by you to bad mouth me. There was no argument other than you being the only bully on this forum. There are no others because they push it till they get banned. Often they leave on their own because no one will help them out due to their attitude.
I don't hold childish grudges. There are members here who have gotten off to rough starts, gotten on my radar or that of other staff members and perhaps even gotten a temporary ban. I don't even remember who they are because they have melted in with the great group of people we have here.
I don't have 9 years here and over 27,000 posts because I'm a trouble maker, and we don't have all these long term members and supporters because we have a bully staff. WE like it here. YOU don't, and those that have your attitude don't stay long.

Greetings from the RCNT staff...

Radar1111.jpg

nazUK said:

There's PURE BS on your part. I told you to start another one to put an end to your BS. If you insist on saying that I told you it was my way of getting back at you because I have a grudge against you, I'll put it back up so the entire membership can see that your lying about it.
You're not making many friends here, pal, but you won't be here long either.

Last edited:
Sometimes you just have to grow up and swallow your pride man the post was deleted and that should have been the end of the situation. you ? has been answered multiple times by multiple members

---------- Post added at 1:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 1:01 PM ----------

and btw rolex knows how to take a joke just search a few threads people say stuff about him all the time and he just comes back with something witty and laughs about it.

Fair enough not here to argue, been a member here for over a year and put up over 20 so threads, not a troller as schrodemode suggested if I was I would do it all the time, just a bit mad that he didn't admit his mistake and if he edited this post why not edit the last rather than closing it?!
But whats done is done and I'll leave it at that.
To add I'm not saying he can't take a joke he probably can but his response to me was no where near funny it was out of order, he misread my answer and toke it the wrong way and your right I don't know him and at the same time you guys don't know me so don't judge a book by its cover!!....

and when you say multiple times and multiple members... am I not allowed to leave it open for others to comment who haven't before and might want to share?!
If you've answered already I'm not asking you to answer again, is that fair enough

You tipped the scale when you also got nasty with Moe. That's what brought it all to the front lines.
Tell me what you want. I have more important things to do than baby sit your posts.
I'll give you the choice. Should I remove this thread and let you get off to another fresh start or would you rather keep your feelings public.
You got your answer in the first response to your first thread when I told you that glow plugs only needed 1.2 or 1.5V. You also got the same answer here.
If you'd like, I'll also open the first thread so everyone can see, word for word what was said. That would be MY choice, but I'm leaving it to you.

You tipped the scale when you also got nasty with Moe. That's what brought it all to the front lines.
Tell me what you want. I have more important things to do than baby sit your posts.
I'll give you the choice. Should I remove this thread and let you get off to another fresh start or would you rather keep your feelings public.
You got your answer in the first response to your first thread when I told you that glow plugs only needed 1.2 or 1.5V. You also got the same answer here.
If you'd like, I'll also open the first thread so everyone can see, word for word what was said. That would be MY choice, but I'm leaving it to you.

Of which Moe apologized for his mistake and I did as well in return... So where are you going with this when I have just said above "I leave it at that?!"

I'm asking YOUR permission to close this thread to give you another fresh start.

1.2-1.5v is not an answer why a power panel is failing but from everyone's response I have an idea.
Right I'm trying to look at it from both points of view, you need to remember sometimes words/text do not express themselves the way they do if you was face to face with someone and not jump to conclusions.

You have my permission to do what think is right if you leave it running I'll take it on the chin and if you delete then we'll start a fresh, works both ways not just me.... agreed?!

Is your lipo powering up the starter box? You've only said your plugs are burning out, you never said the panel was faulty. What is the panel doing to make it faulty? More their likely you using a lipo that's where it shouldn't be used.

Thanks for getting back wacmartin but I'm going to delete this thread as I'm fed up with the idle threats and I indirectly put my hand out to "....." and I got ignored. For the record if you ban someone don't mean your right, we all make mistakes and if people don't come back it's because this ain't the only forum out there, they don't need to come back, to name a couple rcuniverse, rctech and so on, there are loads.
I have had loads of responses and help on my other forums and will carry on there, but thanks for asking wacmartin

You seem to think we owe you something. You continually want to disrespect forum staff members, and challenge decisions made by staff. Rolex offered you several options, with one being to delete this and allow you a fresh start, but you want to keep up with all your drama. Maybe we would all be better off if you did take your drama to one of those other forums.

It all comes down to someone not wanting to listen.
He didn't want to listen to answer that would solve his problem and he didn't want to listen to the staff.
Going off on Moe was uncalled for, I don't know the guy but I don't think he's got a mean bone in him. Nobody owed him an apology, and quite frankly I don't know why anybody would and yes maybe he needs to read up on his electrical skills a little.

I'm asking YOUR permission to close this thread to give you another fresh start.

You can delete this thread as I thought I could do it myself but I can't, I wasn't asking for an apology I was saying we should agree to disagree

I'm going to delete this thread as I'm fed up with the idle threats and I indirectly put my hand out to "....." and I got ignored.

this ain't the only forum out there,

I have had loads of responses and help on my other forums and will carry on there,

There were no idle threats, drama queen. You weren't ignored. I responded, but it's getting really boring.

However, you are correct. "This ain't the only forum out there."

Did the loads of responses and help on your other forums help you with your glow plug question or don't they know that too much voltage will burn it out?

You never told me to delete the thread, but continued with your game. The thread can stay so everyone can familiarize themselves with your attitude and answer or ignore your posts accordingly.
"Take it on the chin."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back