Glitching problem fixed.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

militarymaxx

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Just a simple fix for some minor glitching caused by the two brake
shafts. As I throttle on/off the metal brake shafts would rub within their metal hoop. A little heat shrink/shrink tubing took care of everything.

32156157-3582-02000180-.jpg

You wouldn't happen to have a clearer pic would you? I'm having an unknown problem on my 21 maxx. I'm running an aluminum trans case and was thinking it's that. I've done everything else I've read and it still happens. I can't really see what you did here, I would like to try it as well.

I took some more pics but my camera is only a 2 MegPixel and closeups come out a bit blurred. I can describe what I did though.
You'll see my throttle/brake servo in the bottom left. On the servo horn there are two metal shafts, (one on top of the horn and one on the bottom). The silver items approx. half way up the shafts are for turning the shaft in/out giving me more/less braking. Going further up the shaft you'll see the red heat shrink. You can also see where the shafts pass through hoops. These hoops are connected to the brake cams (one forward and one in the rear). The forward brake cam/hoop is the bottom shaft and runs underneath the center diff plate. The rear brake is the shaft on top. When I get on the throttle the servo operates in such a way that causes both of these shafts to move inward or toward the fuel line you see in the picture. And just the opposite when I close the throttle. As you can imagine, on/off throttle causes these shafts, which are resting on the metal hoop/cam rods, to constantly rub on the hoops. I simply insulated the shafts so I no longer have metal-to-metal contact. I hope this helps. Post a pic of your situation and maybe we can work a similiar solution for you.

That's what I thought you did, but I couldn't tell. Blurry.

Plus, it's such a different setup than a maxx, I wasn't sure.

I know my camera does that when I position the camera to close to the object. You might want to try backing up some. Mines only a 3MP, but it takes pretty clear pics. Personally I'd rather see a clear pic than a big pic.

Thanks for the explaination. I'll have to give it a shot tonight when I get home from work.

What kind of collars are these. They look beefier than what I've seen?
linkage.jpg

Last edited:
I picked them up at my LHS. I got the idea from one of the RC mags. I have extra collars on whatever I could fit them on. Extra protection I guess.

Back