Give a minute

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rolex

Hoof Hearted
In Memoriam
Supporter
Military Veteran
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Flying
I hope everyone had plans for a great day of BBQs or swimming, camping or any other forms of recreation you enjoy, but please....PLEASE take just a few minutes out of the day to remember all those young guys who are no longer here to enjoy it. They served their country and paid the ultimate price so that we could continue to enjoy our freedom.

Every memorial day I think about 436 men, well boys, actually, that rode on my trucks out to the field for training, 6 days a week for a month, then out to Gray Air Base in Texas for deployment to Viet Nam. They were the advance party for the 198th Light Infantry Brigade, and two weeks later they were ALL gone. Overrun in a new encampment, still short on supplies and ammo. Time has erased their names, but I'll never forget the looks of fear and uncertainty on their faces as they pondered what was to come. At the time, I had a countdown card proudly displayed in the camo band on my helmet stating how many days I had left in the military. Barely 30 at the time.

Today I think of all the families...parents, sisters, wives, children and best friends who still mourn them, and they were only part of the 58,000 lost in Viet nam.

This day is to remember EVERY man in EVERY branch of the armed forces who ever gave his life or lost his life in any war or battle we ever fought in.

Someone may lose his life, even today, in the middle east, so PLEASE, take a minute out of the day and say "Thanks" to all our true American heroes.

Thanks to all that have served and for those that serve today.

A special thanks to you, Ralph! God Bless you!

thanks to all, past, present and future....

Thanks to you too, Cody. This is always a day that brings back some sad memories. God bless them all.

Both my pops served. So did several uncles. Have a cousin still in. A Major of all things. Just a few months shy of retiring...

My friend Kim just got back from the sand about five weeks ago. SSG Kim Treadwell with the 420th Combat Engineering Brigade. Welcome back, Kimmy!!!

Last edited:
Thanks, to all of them. My cousin is coming home on wednsday, and then he leaves on June 10th to go back to base, then on the 27th of June he leaves to go to Afghanistan, this is going to be something hard for me, he lived with me since i was a little kid. :(

Back