Gift ideas for new hunter

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WoodiE

Kind of good admin
Administrator
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Looking for gift ideas for a person who is getting into deer hunting for the first time. Gun and ammo are already taken care of. What would you recommend?

Cammo and orange hunting vest. Gloves, head and face mesh, good hunting hat, ladder or climbing stand. A good pair of thinsulated hunting boots. A nice cammo back pack and a string or small rope with clip for lifting gun and supplies up into stand. Any of these things would be a nice addition to any hunters supplies. Oh and maybe a good set of binoculars too.

Maybe a range finder so he can dial in his scope, or a scope for the gun if it doesn't already have one.

Sent from my Samsung Admire

Bino's for sure.

Antlers for rattling or wearing (your choice) and scent mask.

good pair of hunting boots, good pair of binoculars, grunt call/doe bleat call. and this may sound silly but a good butt pad to sit on is a must for any deer hunter !

Last edited:
Bailey's to go in the coffee to help stay warm.... J/K!!!

No really though, a butt pad and a good book.

Lots of good ideas, thank you guys. Much appreciated!

I am not a hunter, but due to deer getting hit by my friends alot in this area I actually have experience skinning and dressing quite a few, also hogs, rabbits, done a few squirrels. I must reccomend this knife. It isnt the best at boning, but it stays super sharp, and I've used it with hammers before. the edge lasts about 1 full deer, or about 2 hogs. It is an ULU Ill let you look at it to see what it does.

http://www.blade-tech.com/ULU-Black-pr-1098.html#product_images

My friends brother is actually the guy who made it.. Mike Vellenkamp, I was fortunate enough to take part in the testing of this knife. (my part time job is in a restraunt.) I've used it to do everything from chopping ice to cutting filets of beef, also skinning and preparing many different types of animals. with this knife, and one boning knife, I was able to completely break down a deer in decent time.